rugby

Edit My Images
Yes
our cardiff med school boys just won one of the national cups, not sure which one but was a bit of a whitewash beating manchester 65-0! i took my camera down and had a go at taking some pics, it's a lot harder that it looks for sure, but was good fun. was poor light so had to up the iso a fair bit. all shots taken at 1/800 and f5.6 on sigma 70-300 apo and nikon d70.

i think i should've moved around a bit more and got the the try line, but hey it's my first go at this so comments and tips appreciated :)

DSC_8572-2.jpg

DSC_8581.jpg

DSC_8567.jpg

DSC_8562.jpg

DSC_8558.jpg

DSC_8552.jpg

DSC_8534.jpg

DSC_8525.jpg

DSC_8420.jpg

some great shots there, you have really captured the feel of the game of rugby in some of them

The tackle shot's great, and the one where they're all about to pile in make you wince :eek:

Fantastic shots......and look at those arms in No.5 ! :woot:

noah said:
, but hey it's my first go at this so comments and tips appreciated :)

Pretty good for a first go! Think it is you that should be giving out the tips ;)

Great shots and some excellent individual studies of the action. Were most of them a wider view? If so sometimes a bit more of the action shown puts the main subject in context. Staff photographer for the Sunday Sport or is that the wrong type of action? Local papers might be interested - certainly the parents.

thanks for the kind comments all, it was great fun to shoot. a real challenge following the action and i'd love to do it again but i think the season's over for them. onto cricket next as my flatmate plays fairly high level. should be fun.

fangman, i know what you mean about giving it a wider view to get an idea of what was going one. but looking at sports photos in newspapers and magazines they seem to crop very tight. most of those are full frame, the only cropped one was the try.

you're right about the sharpness joe, i want an excuse to buy the sigma 100-300 f4 as i get lens envy when i see people with 'proper' looking lenses but this 70-300 seems to do so well in reasonable light i cant justify it! maybe when i get a decent bit of money this summer... uh oh

Back