Ruins...

Edit My Images
Yes
Church in Bristol, only the ruins remain after it was bombed by the Germans 1939 -1945. Situated at Castle Green, Bristol.

Comments welcome.

I like this shot very much But i think I would have lost the plant and the flood light (y)

nice shot, but got to agree with stevec.

Not bad at all ... very dark foreground shadow is a bit of a spoiler ?

Ditto flood & maybe plant too !

I've looked at this a few times. If I don't like something i tend to leave it a while and then go back and see if it grows on me. I still don't like it :)

Hard to explain why (and no not just because its mono Dave). It has perspective but somehow no depth. The front wall kind of blends with the back at the top. Image doesn't look quite straight (but then it is a ruin). Oh and I don't like the frame either :)

I have been impressed by many of your other shots Diego... but this one does not grab my interest like the others.

Thanks for the honest comments. As I said, landscape is not something I am that good at but tried a few of these. I appreciate the comments and I still cannot work out why I did not loose the lamp and plant :)

Figure I can only get better with practice and advice, hence the post.

Diego.

I think that the smudgy border detracts from this otherwise quite ineresting shot. The detail is good and the angle of shot works well.

Diego Garcia said:
Thanks for the honest comments. As I said, landscape is not something I am that good at but tried a few of these. I appreciate the comments and I still cannot work out why I did not loose the lamp and plant :)

Figure I can only get better with practice and advice, hence the post.

Diego.

Diego, don't take the comments too hard and agree that the advice here will help you take better shots (and teach you to look at your shots in a more insightful way). I am looking forward to your next Landscape effort which I am confident will be a belter! (y)

HIMUPNORTH said:
Diego, don't take the comments too hard and agree that the advice here will help you take better shots (and teach you to look at your shots in a more insightful way). I am looking forward to your next Landscape effort which I am confident will be a belter! (y)

No worry on that. Happy to take all the advice and critique as seeking improvement in this area. I think that landscape is not suited to my style and the speed at which I like to shoot. Not ISO etc but snap, snap, snap move on but something I like to improve hence me signing up here. (y)

Diego.

Back