Rules of the Road

I like this picture a lot. I like the contrast of the landscapes either side of the road

Gosh, what happens if you get caught fouling a dog?
Honestly, I like this. But, I'd like it more if the writing wasn't there!

I'm gonna go against the flow, I actually like it with the writing. It's old and weathered, and well... I just like it. :clap:

Excellent shot, wouldnt be the same without the writing, it would be, well, very 'default'.

Wonderful sky and i really like the positioning of the sun in relation to the rest of the composition. The green and rocks on left look just a tad oversaturated, but i'm being really picky in saying so.

Nice one.(y)

For me, the writing was a key element to this scene. You've got a beautiful setting, the sky is peppered with a variety of different clouds all freely dancing across the rays of the setting sun. People are out, taking a break form their day-to-day lives to enjoy a simple, natural activity... Then there's the writing on the path!

It's a shame the cyclist didn't stay on it long enough for me to include him in the scene!

Really like it. Did you move forward a bit to get the same shot without the text?

Double post for some reason.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go against the flow, I actually like it with the writing. It's old and weathered, and well... I just like it. :clap:

For me, the writing was a key element to this scene. You've got a beautiful setting, the sky is peppered with a variety of different clouds all freely dancing across the rays of the setting sun. People are out, taking a break form their day-to-day lives to enjoy a simple, natural activity... Then there's the writing on the path!

It's a shame the cyclist didn't stay on it long enough for me to include him in the scene!

:agree:

I agree that the writing is key, and the whole point of the image would be lost without it. However, I do have a problem with all the diagonals - in particular, I think it's the horizon and the writing on the road. As a result, my eyes are getting all confused. The road looks like it's tilting to the left, and the horizon looks askew.

Great shot. I would lose the bit of grass though.

Excellent. Without the writing its just a nicely exposed sunset scene, with the writing it becomes more somehow, different and aesthetically pleasing.

Andy

Back