Rumours that Fujifilm are to discontinue FP-100C

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Was browsing Facebook this afternoon and came across the news that Fujifilm is set to discontinue it's FP-100C products due to falling sales.

It's been announced on their Japanese site (click here for the translated page), and on a couple other photography related sites. No word yet from Fuji from other countries, and Fuji North America themselves have refused to comment yet.

I hope it's just hearsay mixed with panic, but if it's true then it'll be a sad day.

Edit My Images
No
A shame, although I have a feeling that the Instax market is still strong (and for a lot of people, modern Polaroid = Fuji Instax now).

RaglanSurf

Forum Idiot - FPOTY
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
It's not really about the instant market as a whole though, it's having the option to put an instant back on a Hassy or a Rollei SLX or a Mamiya RZ, the Instax market is a completely separate entity.It's a real shame although not entirely surprising :(

Edit My Images
No
It's not really about the instant market as a whole though, it's having the option to put an instant back on a Hassy or a Rollei SLX or a Mamiya RZ, the Instax market is a completely separate entity.It's a real shame although not entirely surprising :(
Indeed, but Fuji do like to cut product lines and hone down product choices, and for them the market figures for Instax vs. FP100C (and FP-3000B discontinued a few years back) must've made it an easy decision. It is a real shame; I last shot a pack of FP-100C a few years back, but ISO 100 film just didn't have enough flexibility (especially with UK weather).

The attraction for Fuji with the Instax line extends beyond just film making - they make and sell the cameras for Instax, whereas there is no profit in a Hasselblad Polaroid back for Fuji.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
I'm already planning a way to strip an Instax Mini camera to make an Instax back that fits into a Medium Format body. Until I find out how big the film processing hardware is I won't know if it will work though.

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Peta pixel reports that someone ex from the Impossible Project is on his way to Tokyo to try to talk them into allowing the film to be saved, and there's a petition as well...