run silent, run deep..

Edit My Images
No
Not an original idea, I've taken my inspiration from this article (link).

Still missing something I feel, I think I need to add something to pick out light beams in the water. What do you think?

Light through water has a dappling effect caused by the waves (I think) above, that may help ... but either way, this is impressive!

I'm using an LED torch and it is getting a shimmer, but that's difficult to capture in a still image. What I might do is secure the model a bit more solidly, introduce a gentle filter pump and maybe a couple of drops of white emulsion or poster paint just to give the water some texture.

An alternative edit..

I prefer the first but think you are right that a bit of something (may be just very small bubbles) in the water to create beams would enhance it.

Still neat though (y)

Introducing some "bubbles" and density effects to the water. I may have overdone the dosage and I need to let the particles settle out again.

There are also a few problems with the set-up I need to resolve, either draining and lifting the tank to slide a dark surface under it, or adding a base layer inside the tank. The rather vibrant vinyl table cloth in the studio is causing some reflection issues.

Back