Runner up!

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I am just back from our Annual portfolio competition at Inverness Camera Club and was runner up with a set of 6 of my aerial shots. The winner was superb and the standard very high so happy to get a commendation.

The judge spent a long time afterwards asking me about my flying machine (as happens) and think he was keen to find out more with a view to trying it. Cool!

I however entered a "favourite" in the set (you know, the one with the boat wake). Well the judge thought this was the sky and out of sequence with the others as they were all looking "down" so cost me a win.

Annoying that I lost by including a shot that is often open for misinterpretation but also happy that the judge, and many others, got what I have been doing. You sometimes are not sure that others see what you see :shrug:

Don't know why I am sharing this but I think I just wanted so say what a funny old game photography is! :)

Well done, HUN! It's a great shot, and I would say the originality should be rewarded!

Congratulations - a well deserved result, wouldnt have been surprised if it had been placed higher :clap: :clap: :clap:

(y)

well done, that one got me too, couldn't work out what was going on first time saw it :)

Good on ya. Well done

Good stuff - well done you! :clap:

Well Done! Photo judges.... what do they know. Ask Marianne about portfolios... :LOL: ducks....!

We had one the other day who said about some very bright highlights of water running over rocks and resolved as "brightlines" that they were gouges out of the emulsion! This was after eulogising about how a digital camera had managed to do all this, that and the other to this particular image..... go figure?

Anyway, back to the thread.... one of my favourites. Excellent result. :clap:

I really like that loch ness image, its the first time that I've seen it. Well done on getting 2nd place, the 1st place must have been bloody impressive to beat yours.

Thanks everyone! :wave:

Barry - :LOL: Sounds familiar

Matt - The winning set was a series of insect studies. The judge was a wildlife photographer but I think that actually made it more difficult for the winner not easier - they really were outstanding pics.

Good for you HuN ... your work is always different ... and always pleasing to the eye ... so not a surprise you are getting well deserved recognition ...:clap:

:p

Back