Rush Hour Traffic

Edit My Images
Yes
I was out doing a Timelapse last week and took some long exposure of the rush hour traffic once I'd finished.

What do you think? :shrug:

itf5844aeditresize.jpg

Last edited:
I'm no expert in light trails (yet to try them!) but to my eye it is distracting to see the cross-over and stop-start trails - probably difficult to avoid with this type of location though.

Well i really like it!! Makes a nice change from the usual motorway bridge shots!!

you can have no idea of the disinterest I have for those motorway light trails, they are about as boring as it's photographically possible to get for me [sorry light trailers :confused:] - BUT - this is fab!! Took me a moment or two to work it out, but the 'like' factor was instant. Really well executed, spot on exposure and definitely thinking outside the box :clap: :clap: (y)

I like this, definitely agree with Yv! It's got a real sense of the rush hour chaos.

For me, I'm rather impressed with this but it seems a little too busy for me, I appreciate that at rush hour your going to have a lot traffic :bang:

you can have no idea of the disinterest I have for those motorway light trails, they are about as boring as it's photographically possible to get for me [sorry light trailers :confused:] - BUT - this is fab!! Took me a moment or two to work it out, but the 'like' factor was instant. Really well executed, spot on exposure and definitely thinking outside the box :clap: :clap: (y)

:annoyed: :bat: :police: If I was a petulant little tart I might get upset :LOL: but I know you cannot expect everyone to like everything :LOL: but at least check out the one that took me over two years to get :cool: HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

:annoyed: :bat: :police: If I was a petulant little tart I might get upset :LOL: but I know you cannot expect everyone to like everything :LOL: but at least check out the one that took me over two years to get :cool: HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

yeah, but you are not a dramalama are you Matt/Tom? :LOL: :naughty: ;)

Seriously, your one is technically brilliant, as are many others, but photographically, aesthetically, I cannot muster any interest unless it's got something odd or unusual in it [the one last week, where he had used the flash and caught the backend of the lorry - not technically correct and a tad dangerous, but the result was interesting, f that makes sense]. I even tried by doing them myself....but still no dice, really sorry. I have no doubt plenty of what I do is boring to others....well, Mr Yv says it is anyway :nuts: :LOL: (y)

I like this a lot. The title lets you know it's not going to be a 'standard' light trail, and the image confers the title visually, very well.

If I have a minor pick, a little less of the top of the frame and a fraction more on the right?

There's a real sense of movement, chaos and bustle :)

I like the stop/start nature of the light trails in this, as it seems to almost force me into interpreting them. I've just sat here for five minutes visualising the vehicles passing. I just wonder whether a lot of the top portion of the photo (just buildings) is really necessary. Removing them, it seems to me, would leave the attention focussed solely on the light trails.

I've just sold my tripod, so no light trails for me.

yeah, but you are not a dramalama are you Matt/Tom? :LOL: :naughty: ;)

Seriously, your one is technically brilliant, as are many others, but photographically, aesthetically, I cannot muster any interest unless it's got something odd or unusual in it [the one last week, where he had used the flash and caught the backend of the lorry - not technically correct and a tad dangerous, but the result was interesting, f that makes sense]. I even tried by doing them myself....but still no dice, really sorry. I have no doubt plenty of what I do is boring to others....well, Mr Yv says it is anyway :nuts: :LOL: (y)

Heres my trails with a difference, http://www.flickr.com/photos/davenjulie/5384745024/ I do agree most motway trails are all the samey

Thanks everyone for commenting. :)

I left a bit of space at the top to show context, but agree it could be cropped a bit. :)

I will be going and trying to do this again at some point and will try to add a bit more on the right to show the people waiting at the bus stops.

My aim is to get the most number of buses pulling away at once through the traffic lights, with none stationary for too long to show up. ;) With buses stopping at, and pulling out of, the bays all the time at rush hour it will be down to luck to get them all leaving at once.

Something to aim for though. :D

Back