Numpty of the Day'
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
One from earlier this month.

Dave

ss.jpg

Lovely. I love the colours coming through the windows in the church (is it a church??).

The water looks level but the building seems tilted and throws the level off. needs a bit of lens distortion correction. The building looks a bit light considering where the sunset is so I guess its had some HDR processing but its better than most :)

Nice composition.

It's a really nice photo. I don't mind the lightening of the building as it works in this case and is done just right. In fact if anything I'd lighten the tower a smidgen more. Is that light coming through the windows or a reflection?

PS Anybody noticed the two eyes, nose and mouth in the right hand window :)

its normanton church. it was saved from the water when the reservoir was constructed.its now a museum.

Nice shot. If someone says "I guess it's had some HDR processing" rather than "the HDR hits me like a baseball bat", then you probably got it about right ;)

One thing that strikes me is that, colour-wise, the upper half of the image is quite cold while the lower is warm. Just wondering if you could warm it up a little by messing about with levels on the upper half. Just a thought - I'd be happy if I'd taken it.

beautiful view
love the warm orange colour of the sunset and the light catching on the glass

Thanks for the comments, all.

Yes it is an amalgamation of three shots using Photomatix.

I do a lot of HDR because it is an available technique but mainly to try and improve what I do. It is so easy to go over the top and I think in many shots, less is more.

I'm fairly happy with this one, but often I find if I look at HDR photos a few days after I have done them, I think I have overcooked them.

As Driftanddie says it is Normanton church, at/in Rutland Water.

Dave

Back