B&W Rwandan Silverback Mountain Gorillas

Edit My Images
Yes
Real nice selection there, plenty of detail and lovely expressions (y)

oh wow ,you lucky lucky person

Beautiful animals, great treatment in the conversions making it very suitable for the subjects ... I like the 'Rasta' in #5 :D

Had a good look now and you have captured some fantastic expressions, and the lighting appears good. If I'm going to offer a bit of crit, then I find the processing a touch on the flat side. I think if you were to revisit them and boost the PP with a bit more contrast then they would be even better. It's only a subtle thing and doesn't need much, but could potentially reap some very worthwhile rewards.

Lovely. If these were my shots i'd be printing them off on a nice metallic paper. I'm a huge fan of B&W on metallic/ pearl paper.

Really love the little crimped fella.

Lovely. If these were my shots i'd be printing them off on a nice metallic paper. I'm a huge fan of B&W on metallic/ pearl paper.

Really love the little crimped fella.

Never really thought about that. Not a bad idea.

Where is the best place to get prints on metallic paper?

Ill try sort some colour pictures out next week and post up here.

Fantastic!, and very much on my list of things to see :)

I do think they work in B&W, but as above, would love to see the colour ones too. :)

Never really thought about that. Not a bad idea.

Where is the best place to get prints on metallic paper?

Ill try sort some colour pictures out next week and post up here.

I've used DS Colour Labs before. Fuji Pearl paper.

wow wow wow, something i've always wanted to do

Just out of curiosity, how close did you get, I see from the exif that you were using a 70-200 was this on its own or did you have a converter

I've used DS Colour Labs before. Fuji Pearl paper.
Thanks Julie, ill have a look. Ive used them for colour prints.

Id recommend it to anyone that can go. Truly was amazing.

Just out of curiosity, how close did you get, I see from the exif that you were using a 70-200 was this on its own or did you have a converter
So close! Is the simple answer.
The rules say no closer than 7 meters, hence taking the 70-200mm, but the gorillas don't listen to the rules. They were in touching distance at times and a few times brushed past my back while i was watching others.

Thanks Julie, ill have a look. Ive used them for colour prints.

Id recommend it to anyone that can go. Truly was amazing.

So close! Is the simple answer.
The rules say no closer than 7 meters, hence taking the 70-200mm, but the gorillas don't listen to the rules. They were in touching distance at times and a few times brushed past my back while i was watching others.

Oh my word, amazing,

Wow they are fantastic, I can't say much more than anyone else, I'm very jealous. Such a handsome bunch too. :plus1:

Wow!! these are amazing, fabulous detail capturing a wonderful subject, this is something I would so love to beable to do. If I had to chose one it would be the last one, theres just something special you have captured with the eyes and its expression. :D

lovely - would love to see number 3 in colour with those orange eyes

Back