B&W RX100 testing

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
So took the plunge and got one of these - very different to the D800 but slowly getting to grips with the tiny (in comparison) Sony

It reminds me of when I got my first DSLR and was getting frustrated by not quite knowing all the controls (before somebody says RTFM - had a look at Sony's manual!!)

Anyway, wasn't going to take a camera to tonight's Carol Singing (the kids loved it) but it was still in my body warmer pocket from earlier today so had a play.

Carol Night! (more RX100 testing!)
by Sir SR, on Flickr

All comments/crit/general musings welcomed and encouraged as well as any tips for this pocket gem!

Ta

Shaheed

OK - my 2p.
Nicely taken (pity there's no eye contact - that would have made it stronger IMHO).
I would clone out (or crop or dim) the bright lights at the left of the image - the street behind is great but they draw the eye
If that was taken with on camera flash then you did a great job with that as well

Hope that helps a little - well done Shaheed

OK - my 2p.
Nicely taken (pity there's no eye contact - that would have made it stronger IMHO).
I would clone out (or crop or dim) the bright lights at the left of the image - the street behind is great but they draw the eye
If that was taken with on camera flash then you did a great job with that as well

Hope that helps a little - well done Shaheed

Hi, thanks for looking and commenting. Agree about the eye contact, I got the usual eewwwww Dad put the camera away look from my daughter!

In truth I hadn't noticed the bright light at the top left, I'd left the car lights as is as I thought it provided context for the rim lighting on the (camera left) right of the hood. I'll look at cloning/damping down out the top light though.

It was on camera flash from the pop up on the rx100 compact. Just trying to get used to the different form (I've only ever had Nikon dslr's since I started out).

Thanks again for the helpful crit

Shaheed

Back