S/H D40X pricecheck.

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, but anyway. What sort of price should I be looking at for selling my D40X? Its well looked after, but also well used. About 25,000 clicks, the body where your thumb rests ihas been rubbed smooth and there are a few tiny hairline scratches on the back screen. Other than that it works perfectly and hasn't given me any problems at all.

If it helps, I saw a number of ebay sellers with Refurb ones (full 12 month warranty) for £229.99 about two months back.

They all went pretty fast though, so I reckon you could probably nudge it a bit and get a shade more without too much trouble at all!

Start at £270 and see what happens?

Cheers,
James

brand new d40 is £299, they have now discontinued the d40x so that will couse prices to go down. my friend just bought a new one with kit lens for £340 i think.

hth

Mark

MK, mines mint with 5000 shots, free 4gb sdhc card and card reader and its up for £330 delivered with absolutely NO interest, so you might need to start quite a bit lower :(

I had trouble selling my mint, 9month old D40 and 18-55 for £200 in September, second hand value for the D40/D40x is hideous :(

The value of second hand cameras is so low now a days its, better to keep them as second bodies, unless you need the space or money. The 17-85 lens on my 20D is worth more than the body.

Presuming that you're selling it with the 18-55 kit lens, you're probably looking at about £270 IMO. There are some phenomenal deals knocking around on that camera at the moment and you may be better off keeping it as a second body unless you need the money.

I saw a refurb in a shop today with 12 months warranty for £310 just so you know.

Thanks guys. Not quite as bad as I had hoped then. I was thinking in the region of £200 body only, but I might put it up for a bit more. Ive been keeping it as a second body, with the thought that I could use it for wideangle when the D300 had a telephoto mounted and visa versa. but in reality it has hardly been used and is just acting as balast in my kit bag. Id rather use the money towards a CF tripod or a medium format camera. Expect a D40X+ bits and bobs up for sale soon. (y)

The Jacobs stand at Focus had D40x B stock with kit lens for 250 pounds and the D40x with the twin lens kit for 279 pounds, all with 1 year guarantee. Wish I'd brought one now :bang:

Darren

Back