Sadness of the angel

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
work.6756042.1.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Doesn't really do anything for me. Sorry.

Maybe it's because photos of statues bore me to death. Change of angles, composition etc might help, but for me it wont.

Doesn't really do anything for me. Sorry.

Maybe it's because photos of statues bore me to death. Change of angles, composition etc might help, but for me it wont.

No problem, each to our own

I like this alot. I love the depth of field and the colours, she does look very sad and makes me feel the same, which (and it is only my opinion) is what a good shot is all about - the feelings you get from it - is she from a headstone?

I know what he means about statues. It's a case of trying to make a piece of art from someone else's art. But done well it's ok. This one is done well but I'd love to see it in white and black :)

I know what he means about statues. It's a case of trying to make a piece of art from someone else's art. But done well it's ok. This one is done well but I'd love to see it in white and black :)

Is that not the same as taking pictures of graffiti which i've seen alot of?

I tried black and white but the depth is lost and ofcause the great colours

Almost. Lose some of the shot below the neckline and it gets better.
Gritty, possibly a bit over sharp'd but not too much.

Think I'd prefer a full bodied Angel/statue but I do like the textures on show here

Almost. Lose some of the shot below the neckline and it gets better.
Gritty, possibly a bit over sharp'd but not too much.

As i said it's because of redbubble, got into a bit of an argument with them over it and left. :thumbsdown:

Here's the same shot but black and white via DA (y)

don__t_cry_my_angel_by_neil79uk-d39rnsv.jpg

Perhaps mask out from mid head up on the stone sides and place a different picture there. Like a double exposure, but with a twist ... maybe an old painting, with cracks showing in the paint.

DOF nice and crisp, but just lacks something. Looks like it is on a wall..?

Perhaps keeper to combine with other pictures?

Back