Saint Mary's - Warwick - Christmas Lights

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I went for a bit of a ride out last night to try and get some photo's of some of the Christmas lights from around a couple of local towns last night and if I'm honest I rather struggled for inspiration

But I did notice this vista in heart of Warwickshire, it seems not all that long ago that I was walking down this road from this magnificent church from my friends wedding :D I must go back at some point to take some photo's inside this church :D

Saint Mary's - Warwick - Christmas 2011 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

It's a crying shame about all the cars but such is life :LOL:

As with all my photo's C&C welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I like this but may have looked better when there was some light left in the sky, just a bit too much black that spoils it for me.

I like this but may have looked better when there was some light left in the sky, just a bit too much black that spoils it for me.

I have to agree on that front :D I would have love to have been there earlier but I was wasting time in the next town over trying to get a photo that failed epically while there was good light :bang: also this was a 45 second exposure from the middle of the road :eek: I don't fancy doing that in good light, far to many cars :LOL: :rules:

Thanks for your comments much appreciated :D especially when I agree totally with what you've said (y)

Matt

I know this location:D, Didnt we spend a few hours there earlier this year turning me into a ghost:thinking:
Im up for a shoot on the inside at somepoint, just seems whenever we are over that way it always way past opening hours:shrug:

I know this location:D, Didnt we spend a few hours there earlier this year turning me into a ghost:thinking:
Im up for a shoot on the inside at somepoint, just seems whenever we are over that way it always way past opening hours:shrug:

We did indeed, I want to get inside there at some point :D as it is stunning in there (y)

Then you'd have to sing hymns and say your prayers!

:eek: you don't want to hear Darrell or me Sing :LOL: though I did sing last time I was in there (y) land of hope and glory :D

Matt

Shame the moons not in it, haha. Like you said, pity about the cars and other than that really great.

Shame the moons not in it, haha. Like you said, pity about the cars and other than that really great.

:LOL: I'm sure everyone will get bored of moon photo's :LOL: I'm pleased you like it skippy :D

Matt

I like that one Matt I took a few of the church a couple of weeks back here they are let me know what you think

church by ben_wtrs79, on Flickr

window by ben_wtrs79, on Flickr

How do you get the brightness in the colours most of the night shots I take just tend to come out yellowie if you know what I mean?????
Thanks
Ben

Thanks Ben, I like your images (y) though the first is a little lost in the world of blackness :shrug:

As to the photo I posted, it's a 45 second exposure @ f/18 as for some reason my camera was refusing to change aperture at that precise moment and ISO100, I shot RAW and then adjusted the WB to a customer WB in PSE as well as made tweaks to exposure, contrast and Blacks (y) I then processed the output image through a little tone mapping to get the effect that I wanted (y)

I was out in Warwick this afternoon taking my niece out for a photo lesson (y)

Matt

Nice image Matt, I really like that. You must have picked a great moment because that high street is always busy. 45 seconds is a long time when you are stood in the middle of the road lol.

I keep meaning to go in to take some images, also you can climb the tower and get some fantastic views of Warwickshire.

Have you been round the back of the Saxon Mill and taken any of Guys Cliffe House?

Jason

Nice image Matt, I really like that. You must have picked a great moment because that high street is always busy. 45 seconds is a long time when you are stood in the middle of the road lol.

I keep meaning to go in to take some images, also you can climb the tower and get some fantastic views of Warwickshire.

Have you been round the back of the Saxon Mill and taken any of Guys Cliffe House?

Jason

I do try and pick my moments (y) I know just how busy it can be :LOL: I want to go into the church myself because I was in there for a friends wedding last summer and it's stunning inside :D

I have been down the back of the saxon mill loads of times but never got a decent GCH photo yet :bang: but always enjoy myself, I think TSM is one of my favourite bars :D :beer:

Matt

Back