Salford Quay

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Went there few weeks ago.
Next weather on that day but quite windy:crying:
And went to Imperial War Museum North as well.

Took a few shots.

More pics on http://kevinng.smugmug.com

528330226_96Bsk-L.jpg

528328045_ozs49-M.jpg

528308028_5syVa-M.jpg

528332753_W69H8-M.jpg

528337606_GXvsk-M.jpg

I'm never sure if the lens distortion on building photos (particularly like the left hand building on the last photo) is acceptable or not? I have lots of similar photos from Australia but I feel a lot of them have to many angles. I need to read up about distortion correction, but I always find that when I try to repair angles I end up cropping so much off that I would have been as well using a normal lens.

It's a shame about the CCTV camera in #1.. they never think about these things when they stick them up in front of buildings like that.

Hi Kevin,
Nice attempt at the Quays, been there quite a bit myself! My only suggestion would be to consider going to the Quays during the Golden Hours of the evening or morning. The lighting might be a bit better which would add more to what you have done!

Cheers,

Andy

I'm never sure if the lens distortion on building photos (particularly like the left hand building on the last photo) is acceptable or not? I have lots of similar photos from Australia but I feel a lot of them have to many angles. I need to read up about distortion correction, but I always find that when I try to repair angles I end up cropping so much off that I would have been as well using a normal lens.

It's a shame about the CCTV camera in #1.. they never think about these things when they stick them up in front of buildings like that.

I havent try lens distortion correction before.
I might as well try it out and see if the last photo can be repair or not.

thanks for the advise

And it is a shame that there is a CCTV there...
Yea they dont think hahaha

Hi Kevin,
Nice attempt at the Quays, been there quite a bit myself! My only suggestion would be to consider going to the Quays during the Golden Hours of the evening or morning. The lighting might be a bit better which would add more to what you have done!

Cheers,

Andy

I wish I can go there again soon.
But the problem is that I take the 250 Bus to 1-2 stops after Man Utd stadium
and walk to there.
Don't think its kind of a good idea to walk from the 250 Bus lane to there
at night as have to pass through a road that its a factory next to it.
And dont think there is any light there as well.

Any suggestion that I can go to the Quays from arndale centre?
Like trams or anything else?

Thanks

I wish I can go there again soon.
But the problem is that I take the 250 Bus to 1-2 stops after Man Utd stadium
and walk to there.
Don't think its kind of a good idea to walk from the 250 Bus lane to there
at night as have to pass through a road that its a factory next to it.
And dont think there is any light there as well.

Any suggestion that I can go to the Quays from arndale centre?
Like trams or anything else?

Thanks

Yep, there is a tram stop, which stops near the NV Buildings and Detroit Bridge, Harbour City is the name. If you are coming from the Arndale Centre, I would suggest you walk it to St Peter's Square outside the town hall due to the metrolink works in town.

Cheers,

Andy

Nice shots Kevin, I'll have to get down there myself at sometime

Yep, there is a tram stop, which stops near the NV Buildings and Detroit Bridge, Harbour City is the name. If you are coming from the Arndale Centre, I would suggest you walk it to St Peter's Square outside the town hall due to the metrolink works in town.

Cheers,

Andy

That's a very useful information there.
Thanks a lot Andy!

Back