Salisbury Font Reflections

SKM

Edit My Images
No
To mark the 750 th anniversary of the cathedral, in 2008 a new font was commissioned and installed, probably the biggest you have ever seen, so plenty of opportunity for reflections. We visited during the week and got this shot early in the morning before other visitors got in the way

This is 3 shots at -1, 0 and +1 blended in PS Elements

7D, EF-S 10-22, tripod and remote release

Stan

8034-36-fontreflectioncrop.jpg

I swear I came in here expecting to see a new type face. I've lost the plot. Working in computers too long. Definitely.

wow! I think this is one of the best images I have seen in ages. Wish it was mine:) :) thank you for sharing

Very nice attempt (though some distortion) but would have loved to see the full font as the shape and corner water run-offs make it quite special.

Thanks guys
Very nice attempt (though some distortion)

without a tilt and shift there is no way of avoiding that

but would have loved to see the full font as the shape and corner water run-offs make it quite special.

my purpose was the reflections rather than a shot of the font itself although, with these extra two shots , one is landscape format which does show more of the font itself and for those who have not seen it first hand, an idea of just how big it is

Stan

8028-fontreflection.jpg

9508-reflection.jpg

Back