salisbury poppies

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
spent the weekend visitiung my daughter and her family,but as my daughter had bought a new camera,she wanted me to show her how to use it...a perfect excuse to get out for a sunset!

poppysunsetinsalisbury_edit.jpg

C&C Welcome,as always..

Last edited:
Very nice. Lovely colours and composition. Well done!

Very nice. Lovely colours and composition. Well done!

thank you john (y)

Hi, I really love this image but I thought that the foreground could have been lightened a bit, ive done a quick edit of your photo but i dont know how to post it on here! if you let me know ill put it up on here for you!! i hope you dont mind!!

thank you ian (y)

you will need to host the image somewhere like photobucket,then copy and paste the image code into your post..hope this helps :)

Wow a riot of colour, fantastic.

Steve

I agree with the comment about lightening the foreground, otherwise its a nice image.

Mark

Here is the link to the photo I edited for you! I hope you like it!

http://flickr.com/gp/ianlewis21/6SJ5p1
hi ian..yes,it is an improvement on my edit..thank you very much (y).i obviously need to work on my processing skills a little :)

I agree with the comment about lightening the foreground, otherwise its a nice image.

i agree...and thanks (y)

Amazing composition - right play right time!

thank yoiu (y)

Just love it :)

thanks very much (y)

This is a delightful shot - I really like the way the poppies glow a little in the sunlight.

Cos I dont know how to do that!

if you host the image in photobucket,then hover the cursor over the image[when saved]you wiull get a drop down box.left click on the last one[image code],then paste in your post on here,or wherever (y)

This is a delightful shot - I really like the way the poppies glow a little in the sunlight.

thank you dave (y)

A stonkingly good shot of a spectacular scene.

However, I wonder if it might be improved by turning the saturation down a bit (a lot may be). Sometimes scenes are good enough to get along without too much pp'ing and that just might be one of them.

As they say, "don't guild the lilly" or in the this case, the poppy.

Excellent.

A stonkingly good shot of a spectacular scene.

However, I wonder if it might be improved by turning the saturation down a bit (a lot may be). Sometimes scenes are good enough to get along without too much pp'ing and that just might be one of them.

As they say, "don't guild the lilly" or in the this case, the poppy.

Excellent.
thank you brian...i've taken your advice and de-saturated it a fair bit[but not overly so]...any better?

de-sat.jpg

Back