Salt of the Earth

Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
Thanks for the heads up.

He certainly recorded people that work in some of the most arduous and dangerous places in the world. Cannot recall the name of the south american (Brazil?) Open cast mine with no machinery just manual labouring and the Chittagong ship breaking 'yards'.

Yes, that is his most well known work. He also documented many of the world's darkest places and times, war zones, famine, etc...the film is quite gruelling in places for the grim nature of everything he recorded.

He decided he couldn't continue, but then went on to photograph some of the world's most beautiful and unspoilt places and wildlife. I found the film very moving indeed.

Blue ray out very soon, might order it as pre orders being possible.

Thanks for the reminder, it's in my Amazon wishlist but haven't looked on there so had forgotten all about it! Bought Genesis a couple of years ago - must revisit it.

I too will wait for the DVD as it is unlikely that any cinemas near me will be showing this,I have two of his books Genesis and An Uncertain Grace, the latter I believe predates probably his best known book Workers by a couple of years and features images of the Serra Pelada gold mine in brazil
and is well worth seeking out.

Thank you for the 'heads up' on this. I shall keep a look out for the film especially as I do a like a lot of Wim Wenders' work and did get a chance to meet him some time ago.

Back