Beginner Saltburn and South Gare

I love shooting the sea myself.

Here are my thoughts the first needs a chunk cropped off the left at aroundf the orange float I love the tones and still nature of the shot it needs straightened too
I like 2 lovely trones but it needs lifted by about a +1 ev for me
3 &4 need some more work it may be an increase in contrast or lifting the highlights I am not too sure atm
5 is nice but why is blurred on the right side
I love 6
7 needs cropped just below the wave the surfer is on where it reaches the right of the image

Personally first one has the most potential and has natural looking processing. I would certainly apply that look to the next few images: 3 and 4 have much harsher almost HDR look

Horizons definitely need looked into.

Last one can be pretty decent just probably needs cropped from the bottom and the left.

2 needs to be much tighter crop and considerably brighter.

5 is reasonable except for the obvious softness on the right. It is either a dodgy copy of a lens or something very fishy (pun intended) going on with the processing.

Thanks. Not sure why it's oof on the right. I have a linear polarisor fitted so maybe I'd rotated my camera for a portrait shot, adjusted the polariser and then forgot to turn it back. I know linear polarisers work differently to cpl s.

There is an issue with verticals and horizontals, as well as rubbish on the horizon. But the images are plenty good. 3 and 4 are nicely saturated, if a little blue.

Back