Saltburn Pier

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday me and a few others from our Camera Club had a day out to Whitby and Saltburn. Was a really good day out and my first Camera Club trip.
This was the first time I had shot in RAW - the first time I had shot near nighttime - and the first time I had experimented with slow shutter speeds...:eek::eek:

So all views welcome.
Thank you. :)

2188454807_fc731c576a.jpg

If you'd like to see the bigger version its on my flickr.

Thats a lot of firsts Adele :p. Nice picture for your first time with lowlight photography :clap:

I like it - very spooky lighting! (y)

Quite impressive Dellipher. The lighting looks just right to me, think you've captured it well.

I like that Dellipher, and for all the firsts I'm impressed. I think your photography has improved dramatically over the few months you've been posting. Well done and keep it up(y)

Adele thats a great photo. My missus wants us to go to Whitby (I've never been) and that photo makes me want to visit! Top stuff! (y)

Adele thats a great photo. My missus wants us to go to Whitby (I've never been) and that photo makes me want to visit! Top stuff! (y)
Thank you very much :)
That photograph wasnt taken at whitby - it was taken at Saltburn-by-the-sea which is about 20miles from Whitby.

I like that Dellipher, and for all the firsts I'm impressed. I think your photography has improved dramatically over the few months you've been posting. Well done and keep it up(y)

Thank you Mark - I think its quite surprising what you can do when you're helped along and nudged in the right direction. I even left my tripod stuck in the sand whilst the tide kept coming in and out. :LOL:

Quite impressive Dellipher. The lighting looks just right to me, think you've captured it well.

Thank you! (y)

Ooooh thats pretty....love the blue sky :)

nice shot good composition and I like the effect on the water :)

Cracking shot Adele. Now you are shooting RAW you will be aware of the finer control you can have over your image. Good to see someone working hard at their photography and getting the rewards for it. (y)

Great shot. Could easily have been a postcard if we didn't know any different.

nice shot good composition and I like the effect on the water :)

(y) Thank you.

Cracking shot Adele. Now you are shooting RAW you will be aware of the finer control you can have over your image. Good to see someone working hard at their photography and getting the rewards for it. (y)

Thank you :) I was always kind of aware of the benefits of shooting in RAW - it just scared me. But I thought "why not" I was out with the Camera Club - and they're a helpful bunch. And I'm so glad I took my tripod!!!

Ooooeerrr, in the words of Del Boy, Tres bon!! I like that, great with all those 'firsts', especially the slower shutter speed on that water. :clap:

Thank you fellow Hamster Lover :) I was impressed with how it came out - I dont think it was my "best" but I did this for my forum too - and we cant post possible Competition pictures up there.

Great shot. Could easily have been a postcard if we didn't know any different.

(y)(y) Thank you for your comments :)

That's a great shot and I agree with all the comments I've read above.

Buuuuuuuttttt......... :LOL:

Since we're all agreed that you're such an up and coming snapper now, ;) you can have the same level of pickiness I'd show it if the shot was one of mine.

Since it works on being such a clean image with simple colours and strong clean lines, I reckon it would be a tiny tad better if you'd have included the full leg on the left edge of the frame.

Yup, super picky I know. It's what I get paid for. :D

That's a great shot and I agree with all the comments I've read above.

Buuuuuuuttttt......... :LOL:

Since we're all agreed that you're such an up and coming snapper now, ;) you can have the same level of pickiness I'd show it if the shot was one of mine.

Since it works on being such a clean image with simple colours and strong clean lines, I reckon it would be a tiny tad better if you'd have included the full leg on the left edge of the frame.

Yup, super picky I know. It's what I get paid for. :D

:LOL::LOL: Thanks - I think. :thinking:
It was just one of many that I did take during that day and I'm sure that I have one - or two with it in (y)
Thanks for your comments.

Yeah, nice shot....I liked Les's version of this too. Gonna have to get myself down to Saltburn as it looks a good pier for some cool shots!

I would agree with this totally, have noticed your work steadily improving for quite a while now. Well done (y)

For a first night time-ish shot that to me looks great...(y)

I really like the blue of the sky ;)

Les's version? :thinking:
*off to look*

My gallery, including Saltburn, Whitby and black nab.

http://www.pbase.com/les_mclean/yorkshire_coast

Classic compsition, done classically.

You have used the pier to it's best effect, allowing it to draw you into the scene, and the contrasting tones/textures and colours between the pier/sky/sea is very very attractive.

Good work Adele. :)

Thats lovely! Nice deep colours, nice composition and i like the kind of misty appearance that the water has :)

For a first,night,Raw,long shutter shot..........Wow!!

Love it........:clap:

simple as that really, the flood lighting beneath the pier adds to the milky softness of the long shutter on the water, while still retaining details in the sky.

Print it, show it, be proud of it !

I love this shot but is there any way I can view it full screen.
There is usually an option to view all sizes on flikr, or is it my poor navigation of the site:thinking:

Adele, now that does push the right buttons for me, definitely got the "wow factor"(y).

Going back to have another look:)

Back