Saltburn sunset

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys

Great sunset behind Saltburn pier, needs some work to remove the lines in the sky.

piersunset.jpg

Last edited:
I like that- and I'd leave the lines in place- :clap:

Les (y)

removing the lines will be easy, however, I would leave it as is.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Love the colours.

I much prefer shots like this to be left as taken. Lines were there, SO WHAT? Lovely shots, I am waiting for a decent sunset to try my hand, we have not had one since I bought the camera.

I much prefer shots like this to be left as taken. Lines were there, SO WHAT? Lovely shots, I am waiting for a decent sunset to try my hand, we have not had one since I bought the camera.

I wouldnt blame yourself for that :eek: :LOL::LOL:

Les

Just now had a play (now that I am home) with a decent monitor and some decent editing software.

Have you considered the idea of cropping some of the bottom to put the horizon on the lower horizontal rule of thirds?

Just now had a play (now that I am home) with a decent monitor and some decent editing software.

Have you considered the idea of cropping some of the bottom to put the horizon on the lower horizontal rule of thirds?[/QUOTE]

Rules are there to be broken. Personally, I think the water adds an awful lot to the overall effect. I would not touch it.(y)

Hi guys
Thanks for the feedback, I'm still learning and value your comments.
I do feel that the clouds reflected in the water helps the image.

Lovely sunset, I know this place well :)

I would consider cropping a smidgen from the bottom to give a 35/65 split instead of 40/60, it sits easier on my eyes that way.

Your horizon needs straightening, it's (just) slightly out.

Did you stay around until the pier was under lit (usually just after dusk)

Would love to upload a bigger image, but I'm protecting my work. Also the image has a hidden watermark.

Last edited:
Back