Salts Mill Bradford

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Salts Mill Bradford is set in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Saltaire. The Grade II Listed historic mill building was built in 1853 by Sir Titus Salt along with the village to house his workers.

The whole area is of architectural and historical interest.

Salts Mill is home to one of the largest collections of David Hockney’s art. On the ground floor you will find the 1853 Gallery which houses a permanent exhibition of works by David Hockney.

8169134621_c07dae5cb5_z.jpg

I brought the colour image into Photoshop and then used Contrast Grading to add some atmosphere and mood.

Last edited:
That is a stunning shot, I am guessing its a long exposure jugding by the clouds.

Superb image Ian, and the mono conversion is brilliant.

Superb shot. The epitome of "dark, satanic mills".

Well done Ian. (y)

Love it , a very industrial feel to it. Only live a shortish distance from here but as yet have never been, must add to the list.

A very acomplished image, the processing matches the subject very well in my opinion. Great range of tones, excellent compostion that captures the industrial feel of the loaction and subject.

Salts Mill Bradford is set in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Saltaire. The Grade II Listed historic mill building was built in 1853 by Sir Titus Salt along with the village to house his workers.

The whole area is of architectural and historical interest.

Salts Mill is home to one of the largest collections of David Hockney’s art. On the ground floor you will find the 1853 Gallery which houses a permanent exhibition of works by David Hockney.

8169134621_c07dae5cb5_z.jpg

I brought the colour image into Photoshop and then used Contrast Grading to add some atmosphere and mood.

superb shot:clap:i just love it
how is it done? i presume filters for the shot and then some pp

lol that ill teach me not to read all the posts lol

Last edited:
Back