saltwick bay

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
hi, recently came back from whitby where i visited saltwick bay where ive seen some great photos. These are three of my best before the weather changed and i lost any improvement and a chance to see the wreak and some golden light ion the rocks. Only thing i wasnt happy with was the sky which is a lttle bland and didnt want to ruin the shot by playing and making a pleasing shot rubbish. Any comments welcome and advice needed.

whitby11 by woody174, on Flickr

whitby10 by woody174, on Flickr

whitby4 by woody174, on Flickr

Thanks guys, really pleased with these. Usually feel a bit upset with what I take, but really enjoyed running around the empty bay with my wife watching and listening to her iPod while I literally shot two hundred different shots, most I haven't really looked at yet properly. Thanks again for looking

Very nice Paul, was there last weekend, lovely place (as long as you can find a parking space!). Would be interesting to see one with a bit more sky as for me a simply sky with a long exposure looks good.
Looks a lot quieter than when we were there.

Last edited:
Thanks Martyn, literally was empty and was a bit worried about the parking next to caravan park - didn't want to upset anybody! The only problem was I lost my my cheap ten stopper which I got from eBay for £40 which I'm sure fell from my bag on the beach. Went back twice to look for it including a second time when it was thick fog rubbish for taking anything and alas no 10 stopper to be found. Just wish I lived nearer because its a gem of a location for so much opportunity and was happy to get a few hours of good light on my first evening in whitby. Cheers for the comments

Agreed...a lovely place, our first time there but will be back, not sure where you're from but for us it was kinda wierd as never driven an A road for 150 miles before without a roundabout!

Thanks Martyn, yeah lovely drive from further afield in hoddesdon in hertfordshire. The drive took just under five hours! But like you will be back if the wife lets me lol

Back