Same day wedding edit

Edit My Images
Yes
Photographed a wedding on Saturday where the couple asked for a few images from the day to be re-touched during their wedding breakfast, and then shown in a slideshow for the day and evening guests to enjoy.

Initially a bit unsure as to whether I could achieve the same kind of standards as I would normally achieve in my post processing but, having knuckled down, and done some 'sorting' through the day, I was converted!

Not only did the images go down really well, especially with the evening guests that hadn't had the chance to see the ceremony etc, but I have rarely had so many of the guests come over to me at the end and thank me for doing such a good job.

So... does anyone else do same day edits and, if so, any suggestions re; workflow etc? Lightroom vs Photoshop etc etc

Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

Photographed a wedding on Saturday where the couple asked for a few images from the day to be re-touched during their wedding breakfast, and then shown in a slideshow for the day and evening guests to enjoy.

Initially a bit unsure as to whether I could achieve the same kind of standards as I would normally achieve in my post processing but, having knuckled down, and done some 'sorting' through the day, I was converted!

Not only did the images go down really well, especially with the evening guests that hadn't had the chance to see the ceremony etc, but I have rarely had so many of the guests come over to me at the end and thank me for doing such a good job.

So... does anyone else do same day edits and, if so, any suggestions re; workflow etc? Lightroom vs Photoshop etc etc

Look forward to hearing your thoughts...
Horses for courses. Not something I will be ever doing

I've tried the same a few times this summer. Allways been very well recieved and has led to three 'on the night' bookings. I don't think you need to edit to as high a standard as you normally would. Just cause you're displaying on a projector, with each image up for a limited time. The finer details get missed in that environment

We do it a fair bit for a slideshow in the evening, I tend to run the selected images through photoshop as I find it quicker for just the few.

I've done same day for next day viewing.

The couple got married on Friday with a small group of family & close friends they had a huge party the next day and wanted a slide show / DVD . I managed to video the actually ceremony on my D300s - it went down really well.

I've been asked to do the same thing for two or three shots for a wedding I'm shooting on the 6th of next month.

They will be added to a PowerPoint slide show the best man is doing.

Quick question.
Am I right in saying just converted to jpeg once the edit is done will be fine for PowerPoint?

Any resizing needed?

Never used PowerPoint myself.

Yes they can be resized in powerpoint. However you might not want someone else having full size images, personally I'd batch resize to about 800 pix, and I'd be tempted to watermark them.

I've done this at a couple of golf events. One hour on the course, back to clubhouse, 20 mins in Lightroom, chuck photos on telly. Rinse and Repeat.

Did it at a pro-am day fairly recently and the golfers were far more interested in the photos than the leaderboard.

I restricted the Lightroom stuff to chucking on a 16x9 crop, adjusting for best framing, a quick blast at exposure and then a subtle vignette. I could blast through a shot in 15 seconds.

Done it for weddings before but I prefer not to - could be using my time better taking photos.

I star about 100 images in photo mechanic, process in LR using a preset that i made, fine adjust if necessary and that's it.

Last edited:
Back