Same girl and hour apart

Edit My Images
Yes
Playing out with some mates on Thursday and shot a model as part (for me) of some Treasure the Dress images/slideshow

Both these are natural light, and taken (ignoring lunch) about 1 hour's shooting apart after the MUA had played about again; looks like a different girl doesn't it :D

1 - outside in freezing Manchester
Barnsley_Wedding_Photographer-013.jpg

2 - inside a posh bar just after lunch
Barnsley_Wedding_Photographer-033.jpg

Same camera, same lens, same f-stop - only really posted to show how different a change of light can make a shoot and what a good MUA can do in minutes too :)

DD

good photos, does kinda look like she's got toothache though lol :)

Same camera, same lens, same f-stop - only really posted to show how different a change of light can make a shoot and what a good MUA can do in minutes too :)

DD

Or completely screw up by going way OTT.

The subject looks far better in the first photo!

Or completely screw up by going way OTT.

The subject looks far better in the first photo!

Much as it pains me, I have to agree with Mark on this one Dave.....:D

I need a touch up all the time too Alishouse ;)

The toothache pose eh Alex ??? Well that's a new one on me :D

Mark - if there was a poll I bet it'd be 50/50 on which 'look' is preferred - you like them more 'natural' I take it ??? Your wife has hairy legs & pits too no doubt :naughty:

As for Frac agreeing with someone and not slagging me off either - OMG he must need a lie down :LOL:

DD

Interesting 'transformation' based on light, an art I have yet to master. Good photos.

It's the first one for me as well I'm afraid.

The (lovely) young lady has a very round face so shooting her from the side - as in image 2 - doesn't do her any favours IMHO.

Just my own opinion of course.

First one for me as well. Putting hands near faces after a MUA has been near a model is always risky. 2 completely different skin tones.

She is a beautiful lady.

I prefer number 1.

I have to say I prefer the first photo too! At first I thought it was just my general ignorance showing but can see that some others think so too :)

I have to say I prefer the first photo too! At first I thought it was just my general ignorance showing but can see that some others think so too :)

Revived again :D

Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's Lou - never hang back on that basis

This hasn't happened here, but sometimes the 'knowledgeable' types can over crit images where a simple 'like it' 'like it more' or 'hate it' will do (y)

DD

Hey thanks DiddyDave, it seems really friendly here. I am a total beginner with photography but I know what I like!

Have been modelling for just over a year though ... so have some experience of what I like to see with pics of models.

Hey thanks DiddyDave, it seems really friendly here. I am a total beginner with photography but I know what I like!

Have been modelling for just over a year though ... so have some experience of what I like to see with pics of models.

There you go then - perfectly valid PoV :)

And welcome to the site

DD

Years ago my Mrs wore a lot of make-up at certain times of the day, when I asked her why the different styles, she replied,"honestly you blokes know nothing do you, a woman should wear light make-up during the but be prepared to heavy it up later in the day if going to a party etc".
I prefer the second shot if we are just talking about the make-up, although she could do with the lippy from no.1 but not the red thumb :)

As to which shot, they are both nice and I'd expect her to be pleased with either/both. I think I'd remove the hairy shoulders and goose-pimples in no. though.

Matt

I think she looks prettier in number 1 but I prefer the lighting and composition of number 2, two very good shots, hope you enjoyed it

I love number 1 in the natural light, and just how pure the photo looks, plus having part of the wedding dress in the shoot makes the photo for me. I like the composition of number 2 but it looks like a lot more editing work has been done .... Sometimes I feel this can be to much for a photo

I love number 1 in the natural light, and just how pure the photo looks, plus having part of the wedding dress in the shoot makes the photo for me. I like the composition of number 2 but it looks like a lot more editing work has been done .... Sometimes I feel this can be to much for a photo

Interesting - there is sod all PP on either of them :)

DD

Blimey then by the look you have used the camera and lens really well!

she's been tangoed

her make-up is a contributory factor, and it looks worse having a more natural example to compare side by side..

She is a good looking woman in her own right imo DD. I am not a huge fan of makeup anyway, #1 for me and I was drawn to her eyes straight away.

Back