Sammie

Name
Nathan Hulse
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope this shot is OK and shouldn't be in the glamour section (nothing is on show).

Anyway, I tried some processing techniques using curves and channels to create masks. All curve adjustments were done, bang in the middle, no s shape curves. I adjusted contrast this way, lips and eyes. Also manually removes some skin blemishes

Here is the resulting shot.
NJHATP.jpg

Here is the original unaltered file.
NJHATPORIG.jpg

Comments as usual, thanks for looking.

The original unedited version is better, you've totally overdone the processing in my opinion.

Not sure, but the original is flat and needs a boost of sorts. How about trying just a slight increase with the PP? The hair is brilliant in the processed one I reckon but I think it's her left cheek which is off putting, I think the PP has made it stand out too much? :)

I hope u dont mind just done a quick edit of the original and removed a few stray hairs and a few lines and applied a soft skin softning and tried to keep the skin close to the original..

NJHATPORIG.jpg

Oh yes I like Adamjt7's edit... still has a natural feel, very beauty product billboard. Shows the original shot was also a hit then too underneath (y)

I agree... Adam's processing gives a more natural feel whilst removing the blemishes but IMO still a little too much.

The original shot is the best here IMO. The hair is great and doesnt need changing. The eyes are great and in the original processed one they seem to have darkened and lost their clarity.

Great shot BTW. If you want to process the pic I would only remove any blemishes and maybe slightly blur the skin but thats about all. Then again I dont like OTT magazine shots. If that was what you were trying to achieve then spot on..!!

Good photo, I like it. For me in the first edit, I am drawn to her mouth by the teeth, gives an appearance as if she has gaps between them. This shows a little less in the original.

Jay

Thanks all for your comments.

Adamjt7 your free to edit as I've ticked the box. I purposely didn't put up my skin smoothed version as I tend to apply lots, more than I feel comfortable doing, but that what the agency I supply to requests. What process have you used for your skin smoothing. Look like a gausian blur.

I have perhaps gone OTT with the processing, the main thing is the contrast (as suggested by rdh). As with new methods of doing things, I have applied too much for most peoples tastes. I also used the Red channel as the mask for this contrast so, I has a greater affect on the skin.

Jason Brown. Well spotted, she does have gaps between her front teeth.

Thanks all for your helpful comments. I personally like it, but its the viewer that counts, and that is all you guys looking and giving your input.

I appear to be in a minority - I rate the top, processed one. It's not 'natural' but it doesn't make any claim to be to my eyes and instead it draws out her eyes and the shape of her face. I really like it.

I appear to be in a minority - I rate the top, processed one. It's not 'natural' but it doesn't make any claim to be to my eyes and instead it draws out her eyes and the shape of her face. I really like it.

Thanks gingerjon - this has interesting reactions from other people I show it too. They like it, THEN I show them the original and the prefer that. It is the majority that I need to appeal to. I may try and see what my agency that deal with this style of picture thinks.

Hi Natjag - Im torn between them as to which appeals more (I think adamjt7's edit is more the "half-way house" that might appeal to the masses) but I guess as you implied it's what the agency wants that's important as far as what you deliver is concerned.

Back