Samoa

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
A little bit from around the edge of Samoa. Much of the shore is protected by a fringing reef, but lava flows push into the sea on the southern shores, which gives some spectacular effects in rough weather.

Carved coast
_DSC5265-X2.jpg

Flotsum
_DSC5407-X2.jpg

Mangroves
_DSC5537-X2.jpg

Blowholes
_DSC5609-X2.jpg

The washing machine
_DSC5651-X2.jpg

Those sticks are fascinating on the black lava. Did you try any other angles?

Those sticks are fascinating on the black lava. Did you try any other angles?
Yep, lots of them but surprisingly difficult to get a good shot. They were cut wood and there was a lot of them, so they must have come from the deck of a ship. Unfortunately they were mostly on sand, so not good contrast.

The last one is excellent. Agree with LLP re the first one..ie.the blacks need lightening.

Yep, lots of them but surprisingly difficult to get a good shot. They were cut wood and there was a lot of them, so they must have come from the deck of a ship. Unfortunately they were mostly on sand, so not good contrast.

Looks like a giant game of pick up sticks, I like it :)

The last one is excellent. Agree with LLP re the first one..ie.the blacks need lightening.
I'm too lazy to bother as they do need a lot of lightening, and that provides problems. Black lava with white water is a bit of a problem, particularly on sunny days. Next time I must catch some storm clouds

I'm too lazy to bother as they do need a lot of lightening, and that provides problems. Black lava with white water is a bit of a problem, particularly on sunny days. Next time I must catch some storm clouds

That's true.Sometimes it takes too much lightening and noise becomes a real problem.

Looking forward to any storm skies. Could you give me an alert when you post some in case I overlook/miss them...thanks.

Back