Samsung Galaxy S5 photos missing

Edit My Images
No
Have lost some photos on a Samsung Galaxy S5, running on internal memory.

I used an Android undelete utility and it picked up lots of thumbnails from the deleted photos and other photos deleted previously. It also indicated it was unable to access internal memory and that a phone root would enable this. Does this sound correct? Not sure where it is pulling the thumbnails from but surely that is the internal memory also (there is no SDcard installed)? I can root the phone if it will help to recover the missing photos. Any thoughts on this please?

Just a thought, does your s5 backup to Google photos or Google drive automatically?

Just a thought, does your s5 backup to Google photos or Google drive automatically?
Or Flickr? If auto upload is enabled they will be on there.

Can you connect the phone to a PC and see if the drive shows up there? Then run a PC based utility?

(I've no idea if this will work or not on current phones... It used to in the past.)

Can you connect the phone to a PC and see if the drive shows up there? Then run a PC based utility?

(I've no idea if this will work or not on current phones... It used to in the past.)

The drive shows up on a Windows PC (explorer), but most of the recovery utilities I've tried do not see the drive (they only see local hard drives, e.g. system and data drive). The Samsung/Android driver is installed on my PC. The one utility I tried that did see the phone drive found the thumbnails, and a message said the phone would need to be rooted to access the internal storage. Another question is can anyone recommend a recovery utility that you know from experience works?

Back