Samsung laptops,any good or crap?

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
I`m after a new laptop and have always had Toshiba or Dell. Only needs to run LR and office type stuff, no gaming or the like. Anyway, fancied a change and have been looking at these:

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Samsung_RV510-A08UK_Windows_7_Laptop_NP-RV510-A08UK/version.asp

This is about all that I want to spend, I don`t need any big HD or i3 type stuff, well I don`t think so anyway...:)

As you may have gathered, i`m not to well up on laptops,so any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading.

I'm one of the unluckiest people around as far as electronic reliability is concerned. But I'm tending to hold Samsung in high regard at the moment. I've had one of their netbooks for around 20 months and it hasn't skipped a beat. And I've had five of their hard drives for over 2 years with no problems, unlike every other brand I've had over the years.

This will be more than capable of running those programs, Samsung are a very good make & that's not a bad priced lappy.

I use a laptop with half that spec & expect it to run twice as much.

Which it does gone I may add ;-)

I've a Samsung R730 with a similar processor, build quality is great and it runs photoshop and various astro imaging programs fine. Not the fastest machine in the world but then it's far from the most expensive too.

Thanks for the replies......(y)

Check that its running windows 7 64 bit, you'll need it if you ever want to add more memory :)

TBH, I can`t envisage me putting more memory in.

Tech Spec says.....Operating system provided Windows 7 Home Premium

That will be ok,for my needs?

Samsung website states it is a 64 bit Windows 7. So if you fancy any future RAM upgrades you should be fine. link: click here

edit: That link from Samsung shows slightly different model, with only 2GB of RAM and slower CPU... but I guess it's the same line, as the one from laptopsdirect so Opertaing System should be the same.

Last edited:
I`ll find out in a couple of days..........:)

I have had a Samsung R710 for around 2 years now & it has never been any hassle at all, mine runs Vista which is the only bug bear with it, but newer ones will not have this problem obviously!:bang:

Back