Beginner Samsung X11

Edit My Images
Yes
apologies if this info is available elsewhere - i'm struggling with the search function it would seem.
I about to buy my first SLR. I have my eye on a canon eos1200d bundle from an online retailer - but - my brother in law had 2 samsung lenses (1x 18-70 and 1x 70-210) and i've seen a 2nd hand samsung NX11 body in my local xamera shop.
Anyone use the NX11 who can advise quality, useability, etc ?
Thanks

Last edited:
never heard of a x11 Samsung??? is it a nx11 you mean? from top of my head its 14mp what will you be shooting?

Sorry yes its the nx11 - curse my butter fingers !!
I'll be shooting a mixture of landscapes, urban areas and closer-in shots of everything inbetween. If you're on instagram search this user name to get an idea of what i snap away at with my iphone
Original post now edited !

Not sure on Samsung camera and lenses, but it maybe worth identifying if they cover the range of lenses for your intended photography. With Nikon and Canon, they cover the type of photography your interested in, along with flashes etc................

Last edited:
Samsung sold a few rebadged Pentax dSLRs (with mirrors) before they launched the nx system (without mirrors). The lenses are not compatible between the systems. Hence you need to check exactly how old the lenses are and which mount they fit.

If they are the old ones and you are happy with a dSLR (with mirror) then you can probably pick up a cheap 2nd hand Pentax body that would be able to use the lenses.

personally I would get the canon or a Nikon as they are tried and trusted system plus can get fairly cheap canon lenses to start with

I got to be honest I have never tried an nx11 or a 1200d so cant comment really from the specs I read they are similar I guess in your position just starting if you can get it cheap snap it up tbh..... photography is a lot more than just equipment get your composition and understand 100% AND THEN join all us people who constantly spend every penny of camera equipment lol

Back