Daily Samuelslade007 2016/7 365 Popcorn and Malteasers - Day 161 Predestination

Day 098

Barry
: This is the final warning...for Scott Hastings and partner to please leave the floor!
Grandma: Listen to the rhythm. Don't be scared.

26909156471_c98feee487_c.jpg

Day 099 - Me and You and Everyone we know

If you really love me, then let's make a vow...right here, together...right now.
- Okay?
- Okay.
All right. Repeat after me—
I'm gonna be free. I'm gonna be free.
And I'm gonna be brave. I'm gonna be brave.
Good.
And the next one is— I'm gonna live each day as if it were my last. Oh, that's good. You like that? Yeah. Say it. 'm gonna live each day as if it were my last.
Fantastically. Fantastically.
Courageously. Courageously.
With grace. With grace.

26373877583_e26595f585_c.jpg

Day 100

Richard: Did you want to try these on?
Christine: No, I'm just driving him.
Richard: So those are comfortable?
Christine: I guess so. I mean, they kind of rub my ankles, but all shoes do that. I have low ankles.
Richard: You think you deserve that pain, but you don't.

26883831722_b175288c98_c.jpg

Day 101

Museum Assistant: Well, it really is amazing. It just looks so real. Like this wrapper. It looks like a real hamburger wrapper.
Artist: Oh, that wrapper is real.
Museum Assistant: What?
Artist: Yeah. I always throw in a few real things. Kind of cast a glow over the plaster objects.

26373881983_326f8e8cf3_c.jpg

Day 101

Heather: What? Why does he say "the tall one"?
Rebecca: Because he wants me to do it.
Heather: He's crazy. You'd leave teeth marks all over it. You'd choke on it
Rebecca: He could see that I have a sensuous mouth.
Heather: This is crazy. Someone should call in the authorities. Obviously, I would do it better. We need an impartial authority.

26883832752_1e6c055ca5_c.jpg

Day 103

Peter: See, these are people walking. That's a person lying down. And that's a person standing up next to a person lying down. This is me...and you...and everyone we know.

Robby: Where is Dad?

26558853073_d1110fd22f_c.jpg

Day 105

Christina:
Is that gonna fit in there?
Richard: No, I don't think so.
Christina: Maybe you can put it in there.
Richard: I guess not. It looked like it would fit, but I guess not.
Christina: Wait. Wait. I know. Put it under there.

26573696413_9b72d948ac_c.jpg

Day 106 - Enemy Mine

By late in the 21st century, the nations of the Earth were finally at peace, working together to explore and colonize...the distant reaches of space. Unfortunately, we weren't alone out there. A race of nonhuman aliens called the Dracs...were claiming squatters' rights... to some of the richest star systems in the galaxy. Well, they weren't going to get it without a fight.

26572360304_bb110821e6_c.jpg

Day 107

Willis
: I could see where the Drac fighter went down. Its ejection capsule couldn't be far from the wreck. I just hoped
it wasn't dead... yet. It's funny, but I'd never actually seen a Drac. I knew they were completely inhuman, not even male or female, but both, bundled together in a scaly reptilian body.

26573949093_cb268380a8_c.jpg

Day 109

Jerry: Soon we picked up... one side or other side.
Willis: What, with the war going on? e got more chance of catching a Greyhound bus.
Jerry: Humans, easy you give up. Shismar teaches us... intelligent life takes a stand.
Willis: Where did you get that crap? Out of that little book you're always reading?
Jerry: I'm the one that's taking a stand.
Willis: Remember, I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for you sons of s***mat.
Jerry:confused:hismar!
Willis: Yeah, whatever.
Jerry: This war begun by you, by humans!
Willis: You know something, Jerry? Your great Shismar ain't s***.

27145347056_440cddcf38_c.jpg

Day 111

Jerry: Davidge. Listen to me. You... must be a parent...for Zammis.
Willis: Don't kid around, Jerry. What do we do now?
Jerry: You... must take my place. When the time comes... you must find a way... to take Zammis... back home... you must stand
beside Zammis...before the holy council... of Dracon... and recite... its lineage. You must, Davidge. Swear this to me.

26572544934_95117c1c0b_c.jpg

Day 112

And so Davidge brought Zammis and the Dracs home. He fulfilled his vow... and recited the line of Zammis' fore fathers...before the holy council on Dracon. And when, in the fullness of time, Zammis brought its own child before the holy council, the name of Willis Davidge...was added to the line of Jareeba.

27178460495_92508e86c9_b.jpg

Day 113 - Equilibrium

In the first years of the 21 st century... ...a third World War broke out. Those of us who survived knew mankind could never survive... a fourth... that our own volatile natures could simply no longer be risked.

So we have created a new arm of the law...

...the Grammaton Cleric, whose sole task it is to seek out and eradicate the true source of man's inhumanity to man.

His ability...to feel.

27178516365_1eb2ef15f5_c.jpg

Day 114

Preston: Why didn't you just leave it for the evidentiary team to collect and log?
Partridge: They miss things sometimes. And I thought I'd take it down myself... get it done properly. How long, Preston, till all this is gone? Till we've burned every last bit of it?
Preston: Resources are tight. We'll get it all eventually.

27145356486_ab65eff385_c.jpg

Day 117

Welcome to the Underground.....Polygraph. It detects fluctuations of human emotion. We have to be sure. Mary. You're carrying in your left pocket a red ribbon sprayed with her scent. You breathe it in sometimes when you think there's no one to see. But what you feel...what you feel could only be satisfied by falling yourself into her. She's scheduled for combustion...tomorrow.

27159547321_8111fc09da_c.jpg

Day 119

DuPont
: Brandt's job was simple...to make you feel like you'd won, to make you feel safe. For years, I tried to infiltrate an agent into the Underground...until it hit me...in order to pass undetected into their midst, in order to be trusted by them, my provocateur would have to think like them and would have to feel like them. But where to find such a man...a man with the capacity to feel who didn't yet know it?

Preston: But...we've never met.

DuPont: No? Don't look so surprised, Preston. Why should Father be more real than any other political puppet? The real Father died years ago. The Council simply elected me to pursue his paternal tradition. And you, Preston, the supposed savior of the Resistance, are now its destroyer, and, along with them, you've given me yourself...calmly... cooly... entirely without incident.

Preston: No.

Technician: Oh.............s***.

Preston: Not without incident. I'm coming.

26953460160_7b60c6b3f5_c.jpg

Day 120 - About Time

And then, finally there was Catherine. Katie. Kit Kat. My sister. In a household of sensible jackets and haircuts there was this, well, what can I call her, nature thing. With her elfin eyes, her purple T-shirts and her eternally bare feet, she was then, and still is to me, about the most wonderful thing in the world.

27194736006_e7c5f7acbb_c.jpg

Day 121

Tim: Her name was Charlotte. Cousin of Kit Kat's handsome but nasty boyfriend Jimmy. And she was staying for two whole months. Just one. Not both of them.
Charlotte: Tim, will you do my back?
Tim: Absolutely!
Charlotte: Very keen!
Tim: Whoa! No. No. No. No, no. No, no, no.
Charlotte: Is it in my hair? Yes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charlotte: Tim. Will you do my back?
Tim: Sure. Just give us a sec.
Charlotte: Okay. Thank you. Now...Ooh. Nice.
Tim: It's my area.

27194736506_23d54cae42_c.jpg

Day 122

Harry:
That, by the way, is my wife.
Tim: Nice.
Harry: Yeah, you wouldn't like her at first. Sarcastic cow. But eventually you'd realise that she's the best human being in the world. Which is why she left me, of course. Here you go. Try not to make too much noise, particularly when having sex.
Tim: No chance of that.
Harry: Christ, two losers in one house. That is my daughter. Have sex with her if you like. Apparently everyone else has.

26953670730_47a7439a24_c.jpg

Day 123

Tim:
Hello, Sir Tom. I'm a friend of Harry's. How's it going with the lines?
Sir Tom: I'm sorry, what do you mean the lines?
Tim: It's just, you know, in the court scenes, some of those lines are pretty complex. And I just thought maybe it might be worth, you know, having one last look at the lines before you go on. A little refresher.
Sir Tom: f*** off out of here. You arsing lunatic. Get out! You ginger twerp. Go on! Patronising piece of...

27258595686_21b5a467d5_c.jpg

Day 124

Mary:
Best Man?
Tim: Damn.
Mary: Best Man. Now.
Tim: No, this is so hard. It's lose-lose you know You p*** off all the ones you don't pick, and you end up hating the one you do pick because he makes a bad speech and ruins the day.
Mary: Do you wanna see these puppies or not?
Tim: Yes, I do. Jay. it's your choice. He's my best friend, but he's a moron.
Mary: Yeah, he will mess up everything.
Tim: Rory. Sure? No, Harry. Harry it is. Let's do this. Rory. Sorry.
Mary: What? That's such a cheat.

27195318042_39c2d4888b_c.jpg

Day 125

Dad
: My son.
Tim: My dad. Is there anything at all I can do? Is there anything you want to do?
Dad: I don't know. There is this one thing. A quick little walk. Totally against the rules, of course, but if we don't change a thing, if we're very careful, it shouldn't do any harm. It would be nice.

27195318882_976a015f36_c.jpg

Day 125

Dad
: My son.
Tim: My dad. Is there anything at all I can do? Is there anything you want to do?
Dad: I don't know. There is this one thing. A quick little walk. Totally against the rules, of course, but if we don't change a thing, if we're very careful, it shouldn't do any harm. It would be nice.

27195318882_976a015f36_c.jpg

Day 126

Tim
: The truth is, I now don't travel back at all. Not even for the day. I just try to live every day as if I've deliberately
come back to this one day to enjoy it as if it was the full final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life......... We're all travelling through time together every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable ride.

27300206545_15f005ceaa_c.jpg

Day 127 - Never Let Me Go

My name is Kathy H. I'm 28 years old. I've been a carer for nine years. And I'm good at my job. My patients always do better
than expected and are hardly ever classified as agitated, even if they're about to make a donation. I'm not trying to boast,
but I feel a great sense of pride in what we do. Carers and donors have achieved so much. That said, we aren't machines. In the end, it wears you down. I suppose that's why I now spend most of my time not looking forwards but looking back, to The Cottages and Hailsham, and what happened to us there.

27287500316_32c5c6af53_c.jpg

Day 128

Miss Emily
: Good morning, students.
Students: Good morning, Miss Emily.
Miss Emily: It has come to my attention that three burned cigarettes were discovered, hidden behind a pot in the flower garden. I know that on occasion students have seen some of the caretakers and deliverymen smoking cigarettes, but I must emphasize, once again, that it is much, much worse for a student of Hailsham to smoke cigarettes than anyone else. Students of Hailsham are special.

26738408464_16057334b7_c.jpg

Day 129

So, someone was saying that some Hailsham students in the past have managed to get a deferral. Apparently those Hailsham students could have their first donation put back by three or even four years. As long as they qualified. If there was a boy
and a girl, and they were in love with each other, really properly in love, and they could prove it, then they would be given
a few years together before they began their donations.

27368243885_6687550156_c.jpg

Day 130

Kathy
: Here you are. Dark chocolate. If you knew how many shops I had to go to before I found those.
Ruth: I thought I wasn't allowed to eat so soon before the operation.
Kathy: Oh, you're not. But I am. And after the operation, you can wolf down the whole packet in one go.

27399580325_605e5acac1_c.jpg

Last edited:
Day 132

Miss Emily
: We didn't have The Gallery in order to look into your souls. We had The Gallery to see if you had souls at all.

26820858654_3c3bf657eb_c.jpg

Day 133

Kathy
: It's been two weeks since I lost him. I've been given my notice now. My first donation is in a month's time.

26848588674_046d6edb1c_c.jpg

Day 134 - Withnail and I

I: Oh, God! I don't feel good. My thumbs have gone weird! I'm in the middle of a bloody overdose. Oh, God! My heart's beating like a f***ed clock! I feel dreadful. I feel really dreadful.

26973071734_73ecee2419_c.jpg

Day 135

Withnail:
How dare you! How dare you! How dare you call me inhumane!
I: I didn't call you inhumane. You merely imagined it. Calm down.
Withnail: Right, you f****r. I'm gonna do the washing up.
I: No, no, you can't. It's impossible, I swear. I've looked into it. Listen to me! Listen to me! There are things in there. There's a tea bag growing. You haven't slept in 60 hours. You're in no state to tackle it. Wait till the morning. We'll go in together.
Withnail: This is the morning!

26973072224_f81716eaf7_c.jpg

Day 136

I
: Apart from a raw potato, that's the only solid... to have passed my lips in the last 60 hours. I must be ill. Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.

27484153132_d2143050fb_c.jpg

Back