Samyang lenses and adapters

J

Jono1

Hi. I'm considering purchasing a couple of Samyang lenses. I have two camera systems, a Fuji and an Olympus, and was hoping I might be able to purchase a simple adapter, so I could use the lenses on both cameras. However, I'm struggling to find anything that will allow me to convert a Fuji XF lens to a micro four thirds body. Does anyone know if such adapters exist and where I might be able to purchase them from?

i doubt they do as most if not all Fuji lens have electronic f-stop control. i think the flange distance is shorter on fuji as well but i might well be wrong with that!

I thought the Samyang lenses were all the same with just a different mount for the different systems. I'm almost certain I've seen adapter rings for e-mount to micro four thirds, so I figured there'd be one for fuji to micro four thirds

I just spoke to someone at UK digital and they suggested getting a Canon or Nikon mount lens and then buy the appropriate adaptors for each system which makes sense. :)

I would agree with UK Digital. Get Canon fit lenses and separate adaptors. This way if you decide to sell the lenses later you have a better chance of selling them due to them being Canon fit. I had a 35mm f1.4 Samyang lens for Sony E mount and all they did was weld an adaptor to the lens!

If you get the Nikon version you can get cheap adaptors to fit almost any camera.

If you get the Nikon version you can get cheap adaptors to fit almost any camera.
This is also the case with Canon fit adaptors so either Canon or Nikon fit will do. :)

Which lens are you thinking of? The 14mm Nikon mount (marked AE I think) has a version with reporting chip that the other mounts don't have, not sure if it would add complications to an adaptor with connections?

I was thinking of the 12mm f2, but they don't have a Nikon or Canon version of this lens. Well, other than the ef-m version. It's purely a mirrorless lens

I was thinking of the 12mm f2, but they don't have a Nikon or Canon version of this lens. Well, other than the ef-m version. It's purely a mirrorless lens

Isn't that an MFT lens anyway? The Canon / Nikon equivalent would be the 24mm f/1.4? The UWA Canon / Nikon lens is the 14mm f/2.8.

Last edited:
Back