Sand Motox

Name
jonty
Edit My Images
Yes
well - first time shooting in the sand and I loved it..

I haven't posted up for a while but I enjoyed snapping these so much I thought I'd share them.

As always I post on here to improve so anything constructive is always appreciated.

1) (gotta get one in of my lad...)

Mepal Motox by Jonty Dixon, on Flickr

2)

3)

4)

Mepal Motox Race by Jonty Dixon, on Flickr

5)

6)

5 and 7 for me. Youve definately come along away since your first lot of pictures you put up. What lens was you using out of interest?

you got some nice pics there fella although im not sold on the pp in 5 and 6 but personal taste, sand makes a great backdrop. looked through some of the others on your Flickr page too, the tracks you visited did they mind you getting trackside to get the shots as i thought Chippenham and midenhall had a resident tog there ?

Last edited:
I havent done much pp at all on any of them. 7 has the sky darkened a bit. The others maybe a tweak on brightness or contrast.

Mildo has no tog and i know them pretty well so they let me shoot. Chippenham i onlt shoot junior group from trackside when my lads out and julian isnt there. It just for fun for me i dont sell em or advertise them

thanks for looking and taking the time to comment :)

Some nice shots there Jonty. Only shot Mepal once and loved it. I see what Suggs is saying about the processing but I think you'll find that the yellow sand there makes the pics look like they have a "mucky yellow" cast especially once the riders kit is dirty with it too. Great for some nice rooster shots though

Steve

Nice shots. Don't be afraid to crop them tighter though. The Cottrell shot (#2) is great

thanks fellas - it must be something I am doing when converting them from the RAW to Jpeg as they have literally no processing on them other than a little contrast and lighting. I'll take a look.

I hadn't thought about cropping them... maybe I'll give it a go later and see how they look.

thanks for all the replies - it makes them worth putting up if people comment :)

ok - it looks like the when I processed them from RAW it had saved the enhancements I made on an earlier picture - so it had colour saturation on... well spotted and thanks - I can look out for that now as when opening the files it saves the last edited settings.

I tried to crop a few and look ok I think. and another quick edit.

1)

mepal motox edit by Jonty Dixon, on Flickr

2)

mepal crop by Jonty Dixon, on Flickr

3)

mepal crop by Jonty Dixon, on Flickr

number 2 is much better for me now, to be honest i dont like the HDR on number 1 its just to much for me, although im not by any means a HDR hater...

number 3 is nice but id crop down a tad more at the top to loose the black mark..

Last edited:
Back