Sandisk CF card failures - ever had one?

over 120Gb of sandisk extreme CF and five years never had a card fail - i'm carefull where i buy them from though

Been communicating with Sandisk re my issue and have gotten to RMA stage but they now tell me I have to send the card back to the Czech Republic (nearest sandisk facility to the UK) at my own expense :(

just emailed play.com as im outside the 30 day return period, will wait and see what they say, seems to format in the camera ok but theres definatley something not quite right with it

I think you should get back in contact with Play and explain to them that The Supply of Goods and Services (Jersey) Law 2009 came into force on 1st September 2009. This essentially gives consumers the same rights as they have under UK law, if it goes wrong within 6 months then they have to repair, replace or refund unless they can prove it was damaged by you.

Oh dear oh dear, who is going to blame who.

I does sound like a Leica problem though

Leica has confirmed that it has launched an investigation into reports of compatibility problems between its flagship M9 camera and SD memory cards, including those made by SanDisk.

Among the photographers to vent their frustration over recent months, via the internet, is Leica M9 user Gil Lavi who is based in the United States.

On his blog, last week, he wrote that a SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GB card 'crashed and the camera became unresponsive'.

I think you should get back in contact with Play and explain to them that The Supply of Goods and Services (Jersey) Law 2009 came into force on 1st September 2009. This essentially gives consumers the same rights as they have under UK law, if it goes wrong within 6 months then they have to repair, replace or refund unless they can prove it was damaged by you.

Quite annoyed with Play as they have not responded to 3 emails from me in the last week about this faulty Card, the response from Sandisk has been excellent, extremely prompt at answering mails, only downside is the Card has to go the Czech Republic which is the closest facility to the UK, its going back tomorrow anyway and will see what happens, need to buy another now whilst this one is replaced but wont be buying it from Play.com :thumbsdown:

Cards 8 Failures 0

Been using 3 Sandisk cards for five years now and never had a problem

I have a problem with my Sandisk in that the plastic by the connector is loose, not sure how this has happened. Managed to move it back into position but worried it might snap off and leave a bit of plastic in the camera now.

Contacted Sandisk and they won't replace it until it actually fails! Anyone else have this problem

I guess if you really want to be sure you should spash out on something like the Delkin Combat Flash , only issue is £100 for a 16GB card

I've never had a problem with Sandisk, but I've never had a problem with the Transcend cards I have either. I suppose anything can fail, but there have been a lot of reports of fake cards out there, and I suspect that's where most of the issues are.

Costs about £7 to post it back to Czech, be as well just buying a new one :thumbsdown:

Back