SanDisk Extreme PRO

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
Hi

Can anyone give me an opinion on the Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC Memory card? (Sony A7R IV)

It is a V90 U3

On Amazon, it is £205 for a 128GB card. I will most likely only be taking photos. If I do take videos, it won't be many

Last edited:
Are you talking about this one?

I have a 64GB version of this card. So far its worked well for me. I've not had any data capture issues or speed issues. Seems to work as expected. One thing is the price, SanDisk 300MB SD cards are expensive. Rather than buy more SanDisk extreme 300MB cards I've started to purchase ProGrade UHS-II V90 cards. They have 300MB read and 250MB write speeds. They are much cheaper than SanDisk SD cards.

I look out for offer on amazon but only buy directly from Amazon themselves, or in the Case of ProGrade from ProDigital on amazon. So far I've paid £51 for the 64GB version and £130 for the 128GB version of the ProGarde cards. With SanDisk extreme this gives me 128GB of fast SD cards shooting back to 2 memory cards at the same time. If I buy another it would be the 128GB card but at present I'm unlikely to fill 128GB in a day.

ProGrade were founded by ex Lexar staff who held managerial and technical positions so they have a good history and knowledge base.

I should mention it depends on your camera whether you can take advantage of the speed these cards. If your camera isn't compatible with UHS-II cards then it may not be worth the extra cost of them. I have a canon R6 with two UHS-II card slots so its worth the extra cost of them to manage 20fps and help clear the buffer faster.

Last edited:
Yes, that's the one I'm on about.

I've seen it on Amazon (US) for $139 (sold by Amazon). Someone I know is going over there tomorrow for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd get him to get me a couple. I have the Sony A7R IV. I will use it mainly for photos.

What do you really need?
I used Sandisk Extreme Pro 95Mbs in my D500 for wildlife photography and they never missed a beat.
How much 'machine-gunning' do you plan on doing that you will need to clear to the card that quickly?

To be honest, I'm not sure how much 'machine-gunning' I'll do, but I'd rather have the ability to do it than not.

Back