SANDISK Ultra Class 10 SDHC Memory Card - 16 GB, Twin Pack

be careful look at the write speed, its only 30mb/s which is quite a slow transfer rate.

Realspeed

Just bought 2 x 16gb 45MB/sec from amazon for just over £17.:)

be careful look at the write speed, its only 30mb/s which is quite a slow transfer rate.

Realspeed

The 30mb/s on the front of the SD card refers to read speed and not write speed

The write speed is often slower

It is also worth noting that these are "up to" speeds, so you could get up to 30mb/s but chances are it will be slower

Also not much use is paying for a very fast card if your camera is not up to the job

Keith W said:

It is also worth noting that these are "up to" speeds, so you could get up to 30mb/s but chances are it will be slower

Also not much use is paying for a very fast card if your camera is not up to the job

For RAW photos and a bit of video from a D90 what is the best speed ones to get in 16gb.

Thanks

For RAW photos and a bit of video from a D90 what is the best speed ones to get in 16gb.

Thanks

Sorry not to reply earlier

I wouldn't look at anything under 45 mb/s especially for video work. My favorite is 95mb/s on my SD card for my camcorder and 45 mb's for my D300.

Brind

if you use continuous shoot in raw you may well find after a few frames the camera will stall while the card catches up if you use a slower write speed, I found that out to my cost some years ago

Last edited:

mean't that should include read speed as well but took that as understood as mentioned in post 5

Realspeed

Last edited:
realspeed said:

I wouldn't look at anything under 45 mb/s especially for video work. My favorite is 95mb/s on my SD card for my camcorder and 45 mb's for my D300.

Brind

if you use continuous shoot in raw you may well find after a few frames the camera will stall while the card catches up if you use a slower write speed, I found that out to my cost some years ago

Thanks, will keep an eye out for the 45mb's ones.

Brind

TBH I noticed that this weekend! :bang:

Back