Santapod

Edit My Images
No
I see many pics from outings at Santapod but has anyone brought anything bigger than a 70-200? I’m thinking of bringing my 500mm f/4. I’d like to sit in the stands if possible. I’d hand hold if necessary but not sure how much it would block someone’s view.

Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

Bit to long tbh, unless you shoot from the top left hand set of the new stands and want startline pics....
My Bro took a 150-600 Sig last year and that was to long for comfort he reckoned.

The other thing I meant to mention, particularly if you wanted to pan....this stuff is properly, stupid, fast in front of you....trying to swing a big one just wont wont work.....

The pro cars are running sub 1 sec 60 foot times - ie, from the stage beam to just past the xmas tree - and will over 100mph by then as well......

Good information. I think you’ve told me what I needed to know. I did underestimated the speed for any possible panning.

I’ll probably just take my 70-200 possibly with a 1.4x converter.

I see many pics from outings at Santapod but has anyone brought anything bigger than a 70-200? I’m thinking of bringing my 500mm f/4. I’d like to sit in the stands if possible. I’d hand hold if necessary but not sure how much it would block someone’s view.

Any experience would be greatly appreciated.
Far too long.

Good information. I think you’ve told me what I needed to know. I did underestimated the speed for any possible panning.

I’ll probably just take my 70-200 possibly with a 1.4x converter.

You probably won't need the converter either ( unless you're using FF ). From the banking, most of my shots are at 110-135mm so from the stands you'll need less for start line shots

Back