Sarah's 52 for 2010 - Pt2 - THE END - Final reshoots added

Many congratulations, Sarah, not only for finishing the year but for a series of really stunning images :clap::clap::clap: I don't do much PP on mine and I have been fascinated each week by your wonderful creations. It is a completely different side to photography and such an eye-opener.

However, this week is actually a photo and I love it. What a cute little fish. Do they grow much bigger than that, I wonder? It is very interesting that they actually catch food outside the water.

All the best for 2011 and I look forward to seeing more of your projects in the future.

Jenny

Well done to you too Sarah for completing the 52 (y)
Your final image is a cracker too, very sharp, well composed and lit. It has a 3D effect to it which really makes it stand out. You have shown a very creative side throughout the year in your PP work on some of your photographs which have been stunning. Thankyou for your indepth comments through the year, they have been much appreciated. Also, well done on volunteering to draw the weekly themes, :LOL: even though Simon has put 'Grunge' :cautious: back in the bag. Iain

That's a beautiful fish and shot to finish with. The large area of darkness in the frame adds to the composition.

I've enjoyed seeing your photos this year and commenting on them. I've been particular impressed with your level of editing skills - with many of the shots I'm at a loss to understand how you created them! Thank you for taking the trouble to give such detailed comments on my '52.

Happy new year,

Phil

Hi Sarah I'm sorry I'm so far behind with my comments.

Thanks for your comments on my thread and for picking up the baton this year.

Close - brilliant capture. I'm sure it wasn't as easy as you make it sound. Well lit and well captured.

Romantic - works really well. I had to look hard to tell it wasn't a real rose ( I was looking because you had already told me :D ) Bang on theme again.

Together - I think you deserve a joker after the effort you have put in this year. Another excellent fish shot. Well done.

Andy

Well done on completing the 52 Sarah, it's been a struggle at times, but worth it. As for the joker... what did we do with batman :D...

It's a lovely shot of an odd looking little fish. I've tried shooting fish in tanks before and I know just how hard it is to get the fish in focus, and you've done that excellently here. The DOF is just right also.

Thanks for taking the time through the year to visit and comment on my thread also. Happy New Year

Final catchup for the year Sarah.

Close: Super capture. Love the delicate colours in the milk.

Romance: You have really well to capture the softness of the rose (ignoring the fact that it's an artificial one, which I didn't notice until I read through the later comments :D). I like the darker PP you done with it. Makes it feel more intimate.

An finally, your Joker: Great image. Lovely little fish. The only this for me is the background directly behind the fish is a little bright and distracting.

Well done for sticking this out 'til the bitter end. I have really enjoyed your thread over the past year. And your comments on my shots have been very much appreciated. Thank you so much. (y)

Thank you all for your support this year - and for the final round of comments on weeks 51 and 52 :)

Tracer - the little hatchet only took 2 shots, but about 20 minutes of patience waiting for one of them to come out in the open :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
TBH they're quite well behaved when I clean. As soon as the syphon goes in, they hide down in the plants near the bottom.

Jenny - That's about as big as they'll grow. I've had him for about 4 years, so he's actually well into old age now.

And although this thread is probably going to disappear amongst the 2011 52s soon, for my own benefit here are a couple of reshoots from me to finish off the 52. These are the shots that I felt were weak through the year and needed replacing.

42 Secret by SarahLee1001, on Flickr

43 Urban by SarahLee1001, on Flickr

51 Romance by SarahLee1001, on Flickr​

Back