weekly Sarah's (fidsey79) 52 week challenge - Week 4 added!

Hi Sarah & welcome to the madness & mayhem that is the 52 challenge (y)

Look forward to seeing your shots....have fun :)

I like it. The out of focus gives the shot movement, and in my view it makes the sign stand out as the eyes pick up on the boldness and sharpness of it.
Think i would have been moving quickly as well looking at the sea.lol

I really like the picture. I think it's interesting and can work on different levels.

But ultimatley it's a well composed thought provoking image.

Wow, thanks guys!! I thought it was a throwaway due to focus. At the time I was a little fed up that she scootered into the pic, but I guess it wasn't that bad.

On the contrary, it's a well composed and interesting image. The young girl has movement which adds to the theme of Direction (y)

Good luck with the project :)

yep I like it and the girl too, gives it more perspective. I reckon this would also work for week 2, get someone to pose for you. You'd need big waves again though :LOL:

Hi sarah,well done i think you have captured the picture very well,and i also like the contrast of the light as it packs a good punch and gives atmosphere to your picture,good luck for the rest of the project

Hi Sarah.....

Really good capture to strat your project....great timing with the wave crashing...focus in the right spot ( the sign) & the girl adds to the shoot..:clap:

Best of luck for the next 51 weeks...look forward to seeing your shots (y)

ps...don't forget to update the spreadsheet...makes it far simpler to keep track of who's done what...link in the 1st post where the themes are posted...I've update wk 1 for you

Great job on the 2 weeks so far.

Direction - great pic, good focus area and depicts direction well.

Fear - loving the pic aswell as the title. You've captured the eroding stone well and left some background in rather than on just the stone.

Looking forward to your next 50!!!

Wardie

Hi, Sarah, if direction came out how you anticipated then well done. It does have a candid feel to it. There are issues, for me, it's blurred, as you said, and I suspect this wasn't intention?? The sky is blown and although you've captured some of the waves, they fade into the sky.

Fear, I like the concept and how the inscriptions have faded over time. The Bg is a distraction and although it adds to the narrative and context, I find them distracting. One idea might have been to photographed closer and really drawn attention to the weathered headstone.

Cheers.

Sorry, who are you again?

Couldn't resist. Good shot. I love old graves. Looooads of character.

Direction : It works and fits nicely with the theme... It doesn't look like you intended the person in the foreground as OOF, the shot has captured the wave as droplets... I'm drawn straight to the sign, so the OOF figure is actually less of an issue. It almost would fit for fear also...

Fear : I'm gonna agree with Andy here... I'm finding myself drawn to the sky in the upper left... and it's distracting me from the stone and carving... the idea is great, and it fits the theme though, and works with your description.

Hi Sarah

Good interpretations for both images here.

I like your direction one - it has a certain Martin Parr quality about it and I agree that the imperfections - accidental or otherwise - add to the charm.

Not entirely convinced by your fear image - good idea but concur that the bg is a little too distracting.

Well done on getting entries in.

Spooks

I like that, but think he needed to have less of a smile in his eyes to really make it work perhaps? That said I'd feel awful telling such a happy little chap to look less happy!!!

Also, I don't dislike colour popping as much as some people do, but in this case wonder if it draws your eyes to the banana instead of the overall effect?

Mark

Cracking idea. Few tweaks for me: rightside of his face is over exposed, banana is a bit too yellow, looks a bit OOF and nit keen on the slightly cropped head and hands.

But well done for putting a smile on my face (y)

Cheers.

Direction - I think I'd have liked the girl in focus but would have been happy with some motion blur
Fear - I really like your interpretation on this and I agree with your words
Sigh - Maybe sad rather than sigh but I like what you've tried to convey.

Hi Sarah

having a quick catch up on the zillions of threads posted :)

Fear....can relate to you with that one...... like the idea , my other thoughts have been mentioned so just a (y) from me

Sigh.....made me smile :) shame , in a way, he looks so happy but make the most of it cos I bet he has his off days when mummy really does Sigh :LOL: Slight oof & nana a touch to yellow...but like your thinking (y)

Ha ha, good job mum and the banana sighed as James obviously found it all too much fun :D

another catching up

Direction - i like the composition, but for me i have liked to have seen the figure sharp, or more blurred if that makes sense.

Fear - bang on theme, but have to agree with some of the others in the background being destracting

Sigh - its a lovely photo, sod the fact that his eyes are smiling

Back