Saturation on Dell UP2716

Gary.D

Hoodie
Name
Gary Derbridge
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I have bought a new 27" dell UP2716 monitor (premier colour). When I first got it I checked my images in lightroom and everything looked correct.

Having editing a wedding in lightroom, once exporting them the JPEGS in the standard photo player and on my online viewing gallery look very over saturated and not close to what I am seeing in light room.

Any ideas what's causing the problem?

Gary

Possibility that one or other device needs calibration.

Also, check the presets for the export in LightRoom - may not be exporting the images correctly.

what colour profile are you exporting in? do you have an example we can see with exif intact?

also judging your screen by eye isn't really going to be accurate, you should really be calibrating your displays with a hardware device.

what colour profile are you exporting in? do you have an example we can see with exif intact?

also judging your screen by eye isn't really going to be accurate, you should really be calibrating your displays with a hardware device.

I am using srgb.

It changes on the same screen depending if I'm viewing them in light room or in a lesser media player.

As Neil says if you are having troubles then a hardware device may help.

Also using two different programs or devices or monitors can cause colour differences which is why calibration is even more important over several devices.

As a start you can download a "Calibration Image" from DSCL:

http://dscolourlabs.co.uk/cms/asset/352a4f384fb60451cfa58352dc2d0e8a.jpg

monitor_cal.jpg

And use eyeball MkI to set up your monitor approximately.

Make especially sure that the grey strip on the right shows all the squares with the black and white squares at the top and bottom as real black and real white and ALL the other squares completely viewable.

That will give you a good starting pint and show if your contrast and brightness is off.

Then assess and adjust the colours if necessary.

You should then be somewhere in the "adjustment ballpark".:)

Attachments

• monitor_cal.jpg
    monitor_cal.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 7
Back