Saturday afternoon footie

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a local game down the park between our village and Hatfield.

0802_Football_145.jpg

0802_Football_198.jpg

0802_Football_215.jpg

0802_Football_221.jpg

0802_Football_057.jpg

The keeper went the wrong way for the penalty. Ooops.....

0802_Football_191.jpg

0802_Football_193.jpg

0802_Football_033.jpg

0802_Football_034.jpg

First pic is ace and for some bizarre reason you've chosen to go b&w for another of them. The mind boggles!

Erm, what is so bizarre about the mono image? :thinking:

Hacker, I must admit I did wonder about the mono, why? the other images are so vibrant and then you throw in a mono? and I have admit too it is slightly bizarre. Cracking action shots but-------. Regards Jim

Okay, okay, here's the colour version. :D

0802_Football_191-Edit.jpg

Great set H and the mono makes a nice change for me (y)

Thanks guys. Sportysnaps, I was using the D300 and 70-200mm VR lens, I'd love a 300mm f/2.8 but it's just a tad expensive at the moment.

Football is a colourful game. Leave it that way ;)

The language is certainly colourful. I couldn't believe what some of the players were saying to the ref. Try that in rugby and you'd have your arse kicked off the field in double quick time.

Prefer it in mono not sure why, but good pictures all the same.

One thing, did they change ball at some point in the game as it in a couple of pictures it looks totally white and the others have markings on the ball?

The ball was changed about 3/4 times, the hedge you can see in some of the shots is the boundary for some gardens and wayward shots often end up over there.

Nice set with good captures of the action but the cropping needs well sorted on most of them , apart from the penatly one but overall good for just using a 70-200.

Iain

i think the black and white pic works very well for a "classic" penalty

The language is certainly colourful. I couldn't believe what some of the players were saying to the ref. Try that in rugby and you'd have your arse kicked off the field in double quick time.

great set of photos there. I like the mono as well.

And you're right what you say about rugby - we had a player sent off the other week just by asking "What did I do?" no swearing whatsoever - just a bit of dissent to the ref

Back