Saturday in Southampton

Oz

Edit My Images
Yes
Not truly a photography thing, but there will no doubt great photos of the event... I'm sat outside on my patio tapping away on the laptop listening to Elton John The Concert at St Mary's Stadium! There's very little wind and the sound is carrying the mile or so required to get to my gaff. I'm not a fan or anything, but will keep my ears open in case he plays the odd one I do know.

The crowd can't sing to save their lives - eugh, 'bout normal for St Mary's considering their usual occupants! :p

I'd crawl through broken glass to see Elton John - but there you go. I nuked your duplicate thread for you. :D

Cheers, CT for toasting the unwelcome twin.

You'd need to crawl through glass round here, mate - lol!

Well, the crowd are going berserk and it sounds like one hell of a party! Still, tickets weren't cheap IIRC. Going on Ebay and stuff for lots more than originally sold for, as you might expect...

If I could. I would record it, but somehow I know it'll lose something over than distance. I'd put money on him releasing a DVD soon though - if he does, grab it, cos the crowd are truly frantic! :)

(Not trying to wind you up or anything, just give a sense of the occasion)

I live in Highfield and I think I can just about hear 'im (or it might be my neighbour's cat...:D)

I can't hear a thing here in b'ham(thank the sweet lord :LOL: )..

:wink:

LOL at Mal! My laptop isn't quite drowning Elton (the bass isn't loud enough on these poxy built in speakers!)

@ Milou - that answers one question. I'm in Sholing, very near the Picador garage, and the breeze (such as it is) is purely from the west, so I've got it full on. I know that I can hear cheers when Saints score even when the wind is against me, so I reckon you would hear the bass in Highfield...

Oh, I think he's done... how about that? :D

Edit - @Mal, is MEG down or something? :LOL:

Edit - @Mal, is MEG down or something?

Dunno,ask EosD(aka MATTY) the lazy part time MOD of some sort whats going on.... :LOL:

:wink:

I'd just like to point out, I heard nothing here in Scotland :)

Back