Saturday's practice at Woodchurch..

Edit My Images
No
Well I went there this evening, and those clouds started dissipating :D

I borrowed a m8s 20D and his Sigma EX 2.8 glass because I was expecting the light to be low and might need a faster lens than I have, but in the end my best shots came from my own Dynax 7D and Sigma 100-300:woot:

I found the AS on my 7D to be very useful for the panning shots, and overall I got as many duff shots on my camera as I got good ones from the 20D. The 20D certainly doesn't feel as solid as my 7D either, especially the battery grip.

Anyway, onto the pics...

Balloon1.jpg

Stinson1.jpg

Skybolt1.jpg

Stearman1.jpg

Mustang1.jpg

Mustang2.jpg

Mustang3.jpg

Mustang4.jpg

My personal fave is number 4, and all except number 6 were taken on my 7D, and were basically just cropped, resized to 800px by xx and sharpened.

Comments etc. welcome
cheers

Joe T said:
Im afraid this is in the wrong forum. It should be in Photo Sharing, not Photo critique. You can only post one picture at a time in this forum. Maybe a mod could move it?

Will I do? ;)

All are great colourful and pin sharp pictures. My personal favourite picture is the one of the plane in flight just raising its wheels (no 7) :thumb:

No.7 for me, the light has just caught the P-51 beautifully.

Firstly, oops!! sorry I posted this in the wrong forum :whistling

2nd, thanks for the comments, I shot loads more, but those were the better ones IMO.

As for my comments on the 20D, well I changed a few settings to suit my way of shooting, and used it a lot more at the full show today.

I have about 1700 pics to wade through from today, nearly 1300 between my 7D and the 20D, plus another 465 my son took using my old Fuji S7000 :icon_eek:

I know I've got some really good shots in there, especially of the B-17 "Sally B", and these are some pics I'll enjoy sorting.

good shots, i didnt go as yesterday i was in the garden all day and today we had a prior at Groombridge..

nice, like no 7 especially (sheep that I am)

Had you thought about cropping or healing out the trees in the corner?

Just an idea to try ;)

Back