save settings for webpages

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
How is it best to save a web page. or shall we say 2 linked pages.

single file .mht

wepage complete .mht (this tended to save me a folder with all the little banners and evrything in too which i dont want)

webpage html only

and Unicode or western windows or whatever?

everything seems suddenly out of kilter and the odd webpage has saved and opened in excel!

sorted the first bit now...by my own fiddlings!! :)

Saved it as .mht and all was fine... opens in internet explorer just fine.

when I look at the icon for it though it says it is .mhtml file and if i open excel it appears as one of the files under ALL
Microsoft Excel Files. (yesterday it had an icon of a green X like an excel file with a webpage icon behind it!)

today it is just an IE icon but still seems to be connected someway to excel. why does it save as mhtml (which i believe is the bit that hooks it up to outlook and excel) when i ask it to save as .mht ? :bang:

I'm not familiar with the .mhtml file extension Janice, I think your on the right track with excel etc. ...probably just means the page is linked to pull up them as necessary, etc.

Can you 'save as' straight .html or .htm, that would be a standard web page.. the links to the other page may be on that page. ...or they may be on a separate page which is 'called' for by the html or mhtml combination page.
The link from one page to the other will now not work at home on your pc because the address written in the code is now incorrect to their location….you can find it and change it, to make it work.

Possibly.

I've just made it less clear haven't I. :thinking:

Can you put a link up?

I've just seen the time... your probably done. :D

Back