Saved by an Olympus OM2n and a Nikon F4s

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
From my archives, a US wedding from 2005 shot on film and digitized.
The assignment resulted from an enquiry by the bride's mother who had seen my work online.
Unlike Australian wedding photography most American weddings are shot almost entirely indoors.
I had never been to the USA and the prospect of photographing a wedding there was at once daunting, exciting, above all challenging.

After some negotiation we cut a deal. I would supply a deluxe, hand-formatted 30 page wedding album, plus all negs and shared copyright.
in return for an return E-ticket, Melbourne to Chicago, Accommodation, and showing me around for a month. I had never met my clients before they met me at Chicago's O'Hare Airport a week before the wedding to allow me to do my research.

Near disaster - At reheasal I dropped my Oly C-5050 digital on the unforgiving church floor, hideously smashing the monitor. The C-5050 was a pro level P&S with an F1.8 aspherical lens, ideal to capture the natural ambient lighting of the ceremony. That left me with two back up film cameras, an OM2n and a Nikon F4s for the wedding - it could be said that I was slightly under equipped but the shoot went fine and clients and friends were delighted with the presentation.

The following images are a few of the pages that I photographed before shipping the album.
US-01.jpg

US-02.jpg

US-03.jpg

US-04.jpg

Last edited:
US-05.jpg

US-06.jpg

US-07.jpg

US-08.jpg

US-09.jpg

Pamela, the Bride's mother showed me the sights of Chicago and bought me a cap!
US-10.jpg

Post-wedding - The bride and self in the backyard of her parent's home - I liked her hair better cut short!​

Back