Saved from the gypos

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I know it's just another showjumping shot but the story behind it was quite interesting. This horse is about 8 years old and the woman riding him saved him from the gypsies about 15 months ago, apparently he was in a shocking state, very malnourished and pretty close to death. He'd never been ridden and had to be broken which was always going to be difficult with a slightly older horse but she persevered and last Saturday she took him to his first show, all she wanted to do was a clear round in one of the smaller classes. She did it with flying colours and promptly sobbed her heart out at the end! She was so proud of him and I have to admire her perserverance, she had many a long day nursing him back to health and looking at him now you wouldn't know his history.

SWDRC_1507_Norman_005.jpg

Great picture and nice to have a story behind it, she certainly looks to have done a good job.

lovely horse, shire cross? Clydesdale?

Nice shot too, you don't normally see them as big as that at the jumps :)

Dod is right.... that looks fabulous with its feathery feet. What a wonderful heart-warming story.

Great story & pic thanks for sharing.

That's a lovely shot Colin ... just tell her to look at the camera next time ... :LOL:

Great story of courage and determination ... :clap: ... nearly had me :crying: when I read the bit about sobbing her heart out ... lovely ... ;)

TFS ...:p

That's what it's all about mate, being nice to them animals! :)

Awww..what a lovely ending. She must feel so proud of both herself and the horse.

A good heart warming story, very well done by the lady involved.

Nice picture of the two together, you would never guess from that shot what he has come back from :clap:

Thanks for sharing(y)

Great story and pic Colin.

My daughter is trying to build up a young Belgian warmblood which was seriously undernourished and scarred when we bought it through a southern dealer. It is a lovely horse and is a crying shame the way it must have been handled.

She is competing in her first tetathlon next week on a borrowed horse which has feathers - she is desperate to cut them off! I quite like them but what do I know, it doesn't have wheels or props! :shrug:

It must be Pegasus with his wings!! :D

whitewash said:
you do realise the word "gypos" is fairly non P.C. now......

Oh dear.....what a shame. They're pikeys round here, and "dids" (Short for diddicoys) a bit further south.

Cracking shot - looks like a super horse, very best of luck to the lady concerned and congratulations for a job well done.....both of you!

whitewash said:
you do realise the word "gypos" is fairly non P.C. now......

Who cares if its rude.... if they keep a horse in that state I recon you can call them what you like. :D

Lovely story Colin, 8 years old, kinda like life begins at 40 for that horse, which is nice :) ....thanks for sharing that...and from a fellow horse breaker please give the owner my congratulations, he looks very happy....I like the way he’s listening to every encouraging word... nice shot.
:)

Back