Saving in Photoshop CC

Name
Noel
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive just subscribed to Lightroom and Photoshop. when I try to save an image in photoshop as a JPEG the only option is JPEG2000 which wont upload to the forum.
What am I doing wrong
Thanks in advance

In PS if you do file' save as ', then "save as type' you should get a drop down box with all the file types then pick jpg ( its just above jpg 2000)

Ive just subscribed to Lightroom and Photoshop. when I try to save an image in photoshop as a JPEG the only option is JPEG2000 which wont upload to the forum.
What am I doing wrong
Thanks in advance
Try saving as a copy, this should give you the option of just saving as a JPEG, it seems Adobe done this change a while back, god only knows why.

Thanks I did look and couldnt see it Ill look again next time have given up for now

Thanks TG Ive been using CS2 up till now lots of changes to contend with

Reactions: TG.
It would need to be an 8 bit JPEG ( presuming it's 16) to get the option for JPEG.

Thanks guys I got really frustrated with it this afternoon. Looks like they have had a change fest scince CS2

flatten the image in the layers tab
Surely that would be done as standard, before saving to JPEG anyway, you would only save layers if saving as a PSD file.

Have you tried converting it to an 8 bit image. As above, I'm presuming it's 16 bit.

In PS, go to the top bar, click 'Mode' and see what is checked in the dropdown. If it's 16 bit with a tick, click the 8 bit option, then try saving the image. This should give you the option to save as a JPEG when you save the image.

Thanks guys I got really frustrated with it this afternoon. Looks like they have had a change fest scince CS2
Also subscribed to the Adobe photography plan yesterday having spent the last 10-yrs using Elements 11 and 15 (which at a basic level is quite similar to CS2/3) and Lightroom 4 and 5. Prior to that I used CS2 and CS3 which came out in 2005 and 2007 respectively.

There have been significant changes to Photoshop and Lightroom, and I guess jumping to the latest versions from something that’s nearly 20-yrs old is a bit of a shock to the system. But they both have a familiar feel about them.

So in my case, I’m not lost (well no more than I was already), but there’s lots to discover.

Thanks Everyone
got it sorted now Yes it was a 16bit image I didnt even notice the option box before

Back