Saving Pics To Disc

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive just started save some pics to disc and half way through it occurred to me that my pics open with PS. Having saved some already, can I now save others to open with Internet Explorer on the same disc (incase the other person doesnt have PS). Sorry if this is a dumbass question but Ive never been in a situation before where someone hasnt been able to open my discs.

You choose what program opens picture files on your computer. Someone elses computer will open those same files with whatever program they chose as the one for opening pictures - nothing to do with the file itself.

If you right click a picture file in windows explorer and choose 'open with' you will see all the programs your computer normally uses for that type of file.....and your preferred program will be at the top of the list. If you go for 'choose program' you can then still pick from the same list but also tick a box to 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file' ......should you ever fancy a change from PS as default :)

Thanks fellas, as you can tell not only am I new to photography but pc's as well. :bonk:
Ive saved my pics to disc, been over to see my bro & tested on his machine & the disc was ok. Im going to have another go at getting the disc to the magazine that said they'd print them & hope Im in time.
Ta for baring with me & my dafties!

Back