Saw the new RSP's today !

but this is good news for most of us as this means that second hand cameras will hold their value - i.e the cameras that we already have will hold their value...

Talking to my local dealer today, they have had two price rises in a month (from their suppliers). But business has been good! I think this has mainly been because they are/were selling at pre increase prices on stock bought at the lower prices. Canon 100-400L, one left at just over a grand, next after that at over £1200 !!!

Very few items sell for rsp. Having been in retail I would not have sold anything at rsp because people research prices on what I was selling as well as cameras.

Yeah it does mean that but hell how many independents are going to go to the wall, I was looking for a 24-70L, was about £900, now over £1400 !
Apples and oragnes, surely. You're comparing the pre-increase street price with the post-increase RSP, aren't you?

The 24-70L is currently £820 at Wilkinson Cameras. Most retailers are selling it for £900-£1000.

(And I'm feeling pretty good about the one I bought last week for £775.)

Apples and oragnes, surely. You're comparing the pre-increase street price with the post-increase RSP, aren't you?

The 24-70L is currently £820 at Wilkinson Cameras. Most retailers are selling it for £900-£1000.

(And I'm feeling pretty good about the one I bought last week for £775.)

Yes Stewart I am, that is one hell of a jump though, RSP's are not binding but they are designed to give a retailer a decent profit, afterall thats why they are in business.

Jessops and the like will buy in cheaper and have the volume discount to sell out cheaper than the the local independents.

An EOS 1Ds MkIII is still £4399 on Amazon. As has been said, barely anything will sell for its RSP. I have noticed that 40D's have gone up to £643 on there though.

It's bound to happen with the pound being so weak against the dollar and the yen at the moment.

Wilkison cameras dont have any in stock and when they get them you might see a price rise.;)

I can only look at 2nd hand lenses now as the prices have forced my hand. However i have recently secured 2 lenses to help with my lens line up which should be with me next week.

if you look most of the canon stuff has sold out at most places, i think they would be putting up the prices when they get new stock.
Warehouse Express won't. They honour the price which was showing at the time you order the equipment. I don't know about other retailers, but I expect they would do so too.

I just bought 2 lenses 3weeks ago the 70-200 f4 L and the 400 f5.6 L then £1,334 Warehouse Express now £1600, Glad I got them when I did.

Back