Sawfly (Donerus niger?)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
My friend Brian confirmed for me that this is probably a sawfly (Donerus niger perhaps) which I found on the front door last night as I was putting out the recycling boxes ready for collection.

On the upright of the door meant that it would have been quite awkward to photograph so I pushed a laurel leaf in front of its nose onto which it duly stepped and that allowed me to place the leaf an subject at a better height and position.

Before the first photos it actually flew away - right at me and hit my hand - and that startled me! Anyway - it disappeared from sight for about ten minutes before | spotted it again walking up the living room wall, so he leaf came to the fore once more and this time I was able to get a few shots off.

C&C as always appreciated.

Exif:

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Lens: 105mm
Image Date: 2010-04-13 23:14:06 +0100
Focal Length: 105.0mm
Aperture: f/10.0
Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160)
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: Yes (Manual)
Color Space: sRGB
Photographer: Copyright www.pauliddon.co.uk

Paul.

Last edited:
Phenomenal detail in these shots - they're fabulous! Nice use of the leaf too :D

What flash are you using for these?

:agree: excellent details and wonderful shots (y)

Phenomenal detail in these shots - they're fabulous! Nice use of the leaf too :D

What flash are you using for these?

Thanks John.

It's the Marumi ringflash that I got through Jessops. Simple but quite effective.

Paul.

What i am saying Paul is you get better, much better results than me with it ;)

Aha!

That's very kind of you John.

I did struggle at first too, so I guess perseverance is the order of the day m8.

Don't give up (on us) as David Soul once said, hehehe...

Paul.

Back