Say hello to Orange - our latest 'aquisition'

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Jan has been after a broodmare for some time now to start her breeding programme (which Marci will eventually become part of) and a friend of ours has decided to sell one of her mares who is in foal at the moment. Her full name is Catheston Orange Grove hence the stable name Orange.

We've seen her a few times over the last few months and just last week Jan was saying how much she liked her but she didn't think she would ever come up for sale. About two hours ago we had a mail from her owner saying that she needed to raise some funds and would we be interested? Does the Pope sh*t in the woods? :D

Say hello to Orange and a besotted owner, these pics were taken a couple of weeks ago....

0801_Marci_145-18.jpg

0801_Marci_203-28.jpg

0801_Marci_196-27.jpg

That second one speaks volumes. (y)

She looks a lovely mare Colin, no wonder Jan is besotted! (y)
Cant wait for the foal pics to follow.
There was a foal in a field local to me last summer.
I can still remember the first time I saw it ... such a beautiful little thing with its wobbly, bandy legs.
I didnt have the right glass to shoot it but I enjoyed watching it grow, which was oh so fast!
Hope you'll treat us to plent of pics. :)

Stunning mare you've got yourselves there - not from the Catherston Stud be any chance?!?!?

Stunning mare you've got yourselves there - not from the Catherston Stud be any chance?!?!?

The one and same, I'm surprised anyone on here has heard of them. I can't remember the exact breeding line and I'm in a hotel in Vancouver at the moment so it's a bit difficult to ask Jan. :LOL:

What a lovely mare, se is beautiful.
I really like the second pic you posted, loving the chuffed/smug look of "look what I've got, I'm so proud" on the womans face. (y)

Lovely shots Hacker, lovely subjects!

.....I notice Joe took all the credit for the chocolate orange joke! :p :p :p

Back